Chapter 1

Time skip 1 year

My first year in Beacon was very far from good.

I guess Coco finally recognized me. And I guess our friendship as kids was fake.

At some point she just decided to hit me. Out of nowhere. I don't get it. I asked why and she just said because I deserved it for being pathetic.

I don't even understand what happened. I even tried to defend her teammate from one of the faunus hating students. I didn't expect or want a celebration in my honor, or honestly, even a thank you, but this is unbelievable.

I guess I got lucky that Coco was the only person that harassed me in first year. Well, her and a few random other students.

It also didn't help that the staff didn't like me. It wasn't overt. But I could kind of tell. Silent glares when they thought I wasn't looking, or deliberately trying to put me on the spot and scolding me for not paying attention when I wasn't at 100% and then ignoring me when I raised my hand unless no one else did.

And of course they never stepped in on what Coco was doing. In fact, team CFVY seemed to be a very fast favorite of the staff. I mean, they were genuinely talented, but it also feels like the staff either ignored or supported their harassment of me when deciding that CFVY is like their favorite class.

I was already preparing to find out that my friendship with Coco was fake, but it still hurts so much to feel it. And I never thought she'd ramp it up to this level.

And now that we got to second year, the new first years are so much worse. That fucking bitch Blake. I hate her. She always tried to cause problems. Always attacking me and pushing me. Claiming I deserve it.

Today was especially bad. I just finished getting harassed by Cardin and even my own team again.

I was in the cafeteria, thinking about what's been going on. I honestly didn't even want to be here in Beacon anymore, but what other choice do I have? I have nothing. Graduating from Beacon is my only option.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by Velvet's cries of pain. I looked over to see Cardin pulling her ear.

I knew I shouldn't be intimidated by some first year student. But the way all the first years as well as team CFVY, my own team, and even the Beacon staff ganged up on me so much. It was unbelievable.

Thinking about everything that happened, I turned back to continue eating. I began trying to think of a good weapon I could use. It seemed that some kind of short sword would be best. I decided to get a head start to the next class, which just so happened to be a combat class with Glynda. Yay.

Almost immediately one of the other second years challenged me to a fight. Shortly after we fought to a draw, I was challenged by Coco. And Glynda just allowed it despite having a policy against. So, I just sat in the corner while she got ready.

Once she came out, she immediately looked at me and grinned, before opening fire on me. I dodged most of the shots she fired at me before getting close enough to freeze the gun with my semblance, which slowed her down and I rushed in to attack her up close, where she was at a disadvantage.

Over a year of pent up anger coming out in my punches hurt her badly. She couldn't transform her weapon into a compact form that she could hit me with because of the freezing, and she didn't have much of an option to swing it in it's large gun form. So, she had a hard time attacking me effectively or defending herself from me.

Unfortunately, in my anger I didn't notice when the ice melted, and Coco had delayed long enough to get that outcome. And she quickly retaliated, hitting my shoulder hard enough to break it. Normally it wouldn't break my arm, but my aura was weak from the last match.

While stumbling back, Coco kicked my knee and then swung her weapon again at my head, severely disorienting me. Everything was blurry and I could hear ringing. This would normally be the part where Glynda would stop the match, but she just didn't bother this time. Suddenly, I felt the gunfire from her gun.

And then I blacked out.