Chapter 1

Welcome to Ruin me. This is my first book so please enjoy and tell me what you think in the comment section.

Note: the italics parts are flashbacks.
Enjoy ;)

~-~-~-~

CHAPTER 1

Nicky

“Remind me why am I doing this again, Nicky” Nicolette, my best friend,  groans as she supports Alison on one side with her shoulder and me on her other side. Her face in a scowl and her natural hair wild and frizzy, making her look like she rolled out of bed in a bad mood.

“Because you love me and I’m going to give you some Kit Kats later, hold her while I open the door.” I let go of Ali and turn to put in my fingerprint by the door and suddenly I hear a loud thud followed by a loud groans. I turn to find both Ali and my best friend lying on the floor with a certain death stare pointed right at my face.

“That’s not enough for things  you always put me through”, she replies.

I understand her anger, we had to leave an alumni lunch meeting we were specially invited to as the best students in Harvard medical. It was a good opportunity to meet important people that could aid us or even gain internships from them. Now all that is down the drain and we must have looked so rude. I let out a tired sigh. It’s not like I had a choice. Alison called me multiple times; drunk I may add. She was crying and asking me to pick her up at some stranger’s place. I had to drop everything just to drive for two hours trying to find this mysterious place. I was worried so I brought reinforcements aka my best friend and now I’m dealing with the consequences. Apparently, Ali was not even in trouble she was doing a drunken dare from one of her friends. She laughed so much when I got there and eventually passed out just as I was about to leave. Not only did I lose a great opportunity but I also got humiliated by my half sister.

“I don’t know why you are still helping her at this point, her family treats you like shit and your dad even takes her side all the time and now look what she does. Nicky, please move in with me and leave this place, as your best friend I don’t want to see you like this. “Nico rambles looking like a angry chipmunk. Nicolette is my best friend and I don’t regret ever meeting with her at the supermarket 8 years ago. We were both in the Snack aisle, minding our own businesses when one of her friends called out to her.

*Flashback *

“Nico”, a cute boy with slanted eyes shouted out. He had a huge grin and he was waving his hand. He looked unfamiliar but before I knew it the words came out of my mouth.

“What!”, me and the girl in the aisle say at the same time. I didn’t even notice that there was someone else here. I turned to look at her but something else caught my eye, she was wearing the same t-shirt as me that says “Anime is not cartoons, so don’t say they are”. We then looked at each other and began laughing crazily.

“Hey, my name is Nicolette. Let’s be best friends”, she introduced herself and hugged me. I found it strange to do that to a stranger who you just met but I still managed to bring out a smile. She is the first person I have met since I moved into my father’s house last weekend. She seemed so kind so I couldn’t help but to introduce myself too.

“My name is Nicole, I’m new to the neighbourhood.” I replied with a smile. It’s the first time I had smiled since the incident.

“And my name is Nicholas, this dimwit’s twin brother and your second-best friend. Wait a minute we all have similar names, it’s fate. All our names have a Nico in it so our friendship name should be ‘The Nico’s’”. The cute boy said, looking all excited about it.