o n e

Kaeyun's POV:

"You're seriously gonna wear... That?" Mom spoke turning her head from the dishes to stare at my outfit, I frowned. I wasn't the type of person who liked it when someone judges my daily outfit. "Yeah. I'm not going to college to impress anyone, just here to learn. Nothing else." I made sure to speak like I was dead serious, if I were to speak in a normal tone, mom wouldn't take shit I was saying serious.

"Ouch, you're not gonna try and find love? Oh! How I would adore to actually see you bother and love someone other than me!" I'm not sure if I was more hurt from the fact that I've been telling her since I was 15 that I'm done with love and she still asks about it, or the fact that she basically just said I bother her.

"Mom, please for my sake, mind your own business. Love is to expensive and I don't have time to give someone my full attention. Yknow what needs attention? My studies. Now leave me alone about it please." I tried to say that as respectfully as I can, mostly because I didn't want her to beat my ass if I chose the wrong choice of words.

"Yes yes I get it. And watch that tone Kae! Listen, I want grandchildren and I feel like you need to put interest into actually finding someone you care for! Just like how your dad loved your mom." It was a sad topic, but my mom had died when I was 12 and it affected my father so much he disappeared, almost like magic. I've been living with my adoptive mother, Sion since I was 13.

"You didn't have to bring her up." I sighed and looked down, I wish I could remember her better. I felt like a bad daughter, not even being able to remember most of the time I spent with my own mother made me feel like an asshole. "I know, I didn't have to but I wanted to. She's your mother and I don't want you to forget how much she loved you." My face lit up, the one thing I truly adored about Sion is that she never lets me forget about the people that were there for me from the start, like my mom.

"Hm. Well it seems to me that you need to start paying a little more attention to the time, It's 11:56." I checked my phone to see if she was lying or not, "Shit." I whispered under my breath. It was 11:57! "Thanks for letting me know, anyhow gotta go. Love you bye!" I grabbed the car keys from the living room table and hurried out the door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I stepped out of the car and grabbed my phone, headphones, and my purse. I quickly checked around me, but I didn't see 1 familiar face, disappointing. I shut the car door and just stood there, I was trying to take in how huge the building was. There was a huge fountain in the middle of the curved rode, it had some grass around it, there were also dorm rooms around the area. Since I lived so close to the college, I didn't need a dorm. But... That didn't mean I couldn't get one. It would be quite nice to have a place to stay right next to the college.

"Okay.. This is bigger than I expected.." I whispered to myself, I was hoping to see some of my friends around so I wouldn't be so nervous when walking up to my first class, but as I said before, there were no faces that I knew when I looked around. My body didn't wanna move, actually my mind was telling me to get back in the car and drive home and get in bed, I could do that but i've studied way to much to throw it all away like some child. It made me feel.. worthless.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket showing off the clear bubbly case I had on it, then I took my headphones and put them into my pocket. I would get them out later when I was ready, I didn't need to be getting in trouble for having my phone out in class. Or even having it out at all. Maybe I would try and get on teachers good sides this year. New year, new me. Right?

I turned my head slightly and saw my best friend from highschool, Minlyn. She had her eyes glued to her phone screen, looked like she was reading or typing something. I grabbed my phone and headphones out of my back pocket, I put in my headphones and plugged them up to my phone, then slipped it back into my pocket. I wouldn't say I was so nervous I would piss myself about my first day of college, but it was still pretty frightening. Kinda like starting highschool all over again, but instead of a bunch of kids who just came straight out of middle school, it's actually adults. At least I hope they act like it.