Chapter Thirty-Four

Frank

People gathered in a large cemetery dress in black and not a single person flinched as the cameras flashed brightly. Jason stood next to Thalia and Reyna who were both trying to comfort him. Piper, Annabeth and Hazel stood next to one another and I stood in between Hazel and Percy. Nico stood next to Percy. Leo stood next to Thalia. Many celebrities were also there, including Piper's dad, Tristan McLean. A lot of people cried but it seemed that most of the people there were there for publicity.

Hazel grabbed onto my hand and smiled sadly at me. We both had never met his mom, but we were here to support Jason. He was taking it a lot worse than Thalia. Jason turned to Piper, seeking comfort and a hug. For a brief moment Reyna gave the two a resentful look before smiling sadly and turning away.

The funeral ended a few minutes later and reporters swarmed around Jason, Thalia, Leo, Reyna, and Piper. They were mostly talking to Jason, Piper and Thalia because of their parents. All three refused to answer any questions.

"How rude is it to bombard the children of the deceased woman at her funeral!" Hazel huffed in annoyance and linked her arm around my waist. Her golden hair brushed up against my black suit and I smiled down at her. I'm really glad Hazel kissed me, I don't know if I would ever have the courage to ask her out. She's my first girlfriend and I really like her, so I really don't want to mess this up.

"They seem to be handling it well." I said, looking over at the bustling crowd surrounding the children of the actors.

I must've spoke too soon because right after I said that Thalia let out a scream and wailed, "Get the hell away from me before I pepper-spray all of you!"

People cowered back and scurried away, leaving our friends be. Piper and Jason walked up to us holding hands while Leo and Reyna were discussing something and Reyna was turning a deep red and Leo laughing nervously. I wonder what they were talking about. Thalia was heading towards the car and Percy and Annabeth were arguing about something.

"You do better?" I asked Jason.

"Yeah, I think I'll be alright...I didn't know my mom that well, I just wished she hadn't died like this." Jason sighed. I didn't really understand how didn't know his mom. When I was younger my mom was my best friend. Then the army needed her so she left and I didn't see her for a long time...

"We're here for you Jason." Hazel said as Leo and Reyna joined the conversation.

"Yeah, dude. You can join the "My-Mom's-Dead/Missing-Club." Leo chuckled, which earned annoyed glares from basically every one, the only person who didn't have a dead mom is Percy. That's kind of ironic, but mostly sad.

"Can I be President of the club?" Piper asked after a long and awkward silence. Everyone broke out into laughs, even Jason.

Annabeth and Percy walked over and Annabeth was blushing furiously and glaring at Percy. "Gu-u-u-yssss....guess what!" Percy wiggled his eyebrows at Annabeth who was shaking her head at him.

"Percy Jackson I swear to God if you tell them I will rip your head off with my bare hands." Annabeth said through clenched teeth.

"Did we miss something?" I asked curiously.

Percy smiled a goofy smile at Annabeth once more."Annabeth likes meeeeeee."

A/N

Hey...sorry it took me so long to update but my teacher gave fifty pages of workbook homework in two separate classes (100 pages) *dying internally* My life is like a slug slowly desperately inching towards summer. Ha.

~Amira