The First Meeting

The sun was setting again, plaguing the undercity in darkness as people bustled in the streets to get home or inside. Puddles of water had formed in the crevices of the street and sidewalk from the rain that had come in the night before. Dark blue light reflected off of the surfaces of those puddles.

May 21st, 2022

Six dead and 10 injured bystanders.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes set in front of him, making a beeline for the double doors that led into The Last Drop. Amber was not with him this time as he had left her at home with a babysitter and a way to contact him if something were to happen.

Large explosion in Zaun that's spreading a common drug, beware of shimmer affected citizens.

Although he was called there by someone, he'd still need to be careful. Shimmer was very unpredictable, especially when in the veins of a living being. There were modified versions of it that made it more controlled and relatively safer, but that didn't change the fact nor how detrimental it was to health. Shimmer victims weren't his only problem though.

Enforcers sent to investigate, please stay inside until told to come out.

Zaun's square was now set on lockdown with a curfew. Not everyone listened as he could spot lurkers hiding out in alleyways or digging through trash piles. He had to sneak by a few of the authorities himself on his way there. Now he was opening the door to the bar.

It was different from a few days ago when he had gone there to talk to Finn. The music had been turned down to a low hum that echoed off of the walls. The lights were on and the strobe ones were turned off. Tables sat empty, but some still had empty beer mugs rested atop them. The floors hadn't been cleaned in a while which Lenial found odd since someone who was pretty much a neat freak owned it.

His eyes flicked up to the steps in the corner. No one was allowed up them and there were usually two guards posted in front of it. No guards stood there now and he swallowed nervously as he stepped up them.

He could hear a bit of commotion coming from the end of the hall as he walked and he thought back to why he was asked to come in the first place.

"Lenial." A voice said from the other end of the phone. It was raspier than normal, hoarse, and as if the person had barely gotten any sleep.

"Who's this?" He asked, holding the phone with his shoulder as he helped Amber put on a necklace she decided she wanted to wear. He didn't know why she wanted to, but she was odd like that.

"You know who it is."
Lenial sighed in slight annoyance as he rolled his eyes. He was tempted to hang up right there and then, but he knew he'd regret it later.

"What do you want then?" He said it with almost a growl, wanting Silco to get to the point. Lenial rarely got calls, so the fact that someone had needed to talk to him was because the reason was probably important. And important it was.

"There he is." Silco said over the small crowd and Lenial paused, feeling singled out as everyone's eyes turned to him. He should've gotten used to this or at least been prepared for it. He was the odd man out in this room as everyone knew him, but not as a member that worked under the eye of Zaun. The others couldn't help, but notice his fancy attire. It was similar to his own color scheme.

"The hell is he doing here?" A woman snapped and Lenial recognized the voice belonged to Sevika, Silco's right hand. She was a brute of a person and people called her the hellhound of Zaun. Lenial thought it was a fitting name considering her impulsive attitude and bite of her tongue. She very clearly showed people her disdain for them and Lenial felt his eyes dropping into a deadpan expression before he could stop himself.