Chapter 17

My first thought was to pretend to be asleep to see what would happen, but I realized quickly that this creature probably already knew that I were awake. I turned my head to the side and looked around, Ironically I could only see stone and silvery scales. In the side of my eye, I noticed something move and turned my attention to it. There as if it had been trying to hide in the dark, a gigantic snake head sparkling in silver. But it wasn't the sharp colour of the scales that gave away its hiding place, it was the green eyes that shone like emeralds.

The snake lowered its head, and I could clearly see just how big the head was. It was almost insane how I couldn't feel scared in its presence, especially since I was laying on its body and probably could end up as a snack at any given time. Instead, I reached out my hand and gently touched the head, just like before it flinched but at the same time it didn't try to move away. It was almost as if it wanted to be touched, like something it had been waiting for this moment.  We stayed like that for a bit, until it pulled away its head and I could feel how it moved the upper part away from the part I was laying on. I was curious about what it was going to do, and after a while the head came back. It moved so close that it was within my reach and then let out its tongue that was holding on to something. It gently dropped what it was holding on my stomach and then moved away once again. I could feel that this was an object that was heavy but at the same time not too heavy. Although I clearly felt where it was laying, it wasn't easy to find it with only my hands. When I did, I immediately brought it into eyesight.