viii. the long talk

ENEWS !

View comments

View comments

user1: this is gonna be a shit show

user2: anybody in the world but her

user3: can't yall just stay out of people's business?

user4: 😐

user5: toxic bitches smh

Sarah was sitting on her bed looking through the comments about her and drew on enews' new YouTube video about her and drew

Sarah was sitting on her bed looking through the comments about her and drew on enews' new YouTube video about her and drew. She sighed reading through them. It wasn't a sigh of annoyance or anger, it was a sigh of realization and sadness. Though it's hard for her to admit, she knew her and drew weren't the best for each other. She knew she had to cut him off but she couldn't. That's because he was the only love she's ever known. He's there for her like no one else and he knows her better than anyone. Maybe she wasn't ready to let go or maybe she was just addicted to the game. I hurt you, you hurt me— let's have great sex.

As she was lost in her head, she heard her name being called out. It was Alexa. Only bad news crossed her mind as she exited her room to see what the raven haired girl wanted.

"You called?" Sarah made herself present as she approached Alexa who sat on the stool attached to the island in their kitchen.

Alexa nodded, "I think we should talk . . about drew."

Sarah crossed her arms over her chest, "What about him?"

Alexa stood up and walked over to her, "I'm looking out for you when I say this— he's not good. You two are toxic."

Sarah lightly chuckled, "You're giving me advice? We're not even friends."

"And I want to change that. Could you just hear me out? Please?" Alexa pleaded.

Sarah caved. She made her way to the couch with Alexa following. They both sat down, a good distance between each other. They were face to face and Sarah was curious to hear what Alexa had to say about something she knew nothing about.

"When was the last time you were in a relationship?" The dark haired girl began.

"What does that matter?"

"Just answer the question." Alexa demanded.

Sarah sighed, "I don't know. Since Drew?"

"Do you even know how a relationship works? A relationship is two sided. They make each other smile, feel happy, want to be around them all the time, feel loved. What does Drew give you that prevents you from having a relationship like that?" She finished with another question.

Alexa finally caught it. She made Sarah think, she made her not understand and question everything. Sarah didn't even know the answer herself. Everything she wanted to say was self deprecating. The way Sarah sees herself is the way Drew treats her, she thinks there's no better way. Maybe Alexa already knew that, that's why she asked. Or maybe she just wanted to make Sarah aware.

Sarah continued to fiddle around with her thoughts as she tried to come up with a good excuse to justify the means of being with a guy like Drew. Sadly she did . . in her own twisted way.

"He gives me attention." The blonde finally spoke.

"Attention?" Alexa was now confused herself.

It took Sarah a second to finally respond, "Yeah."

"You're many things, Sarahjean but you're not a liar." Alexa shook her head, "Why can't you just be honest with me?"

"We're not even friends, Alexa!" Sarah exclaimed as her voice raised.

Alexa stayed calm, "And I want to change that. So please . . . why do you keep him around when we both know he causes you pain?"

Sarah didn't say anything. She just stared at Alexa before storming to her room and slamming the door. Alexa obviously hit a nerve and she knew she was right. It was just a matter of time before Sarah came to her sense and tell her she was right.

Alexa doesn't want to pry into Sarah's business. She wants to help her. She realized Sarah is the way that she is because of Drew maybe or maybe it's deeper than that. Alexa knew she didn't have to talk about him. He was gone and that was that, but Alexa also knew how uncomfortable she is around him. Knowing Sarah, she wouldn't give a damn so yeah, Alexa had to push a few buttons but it's not just benefiting her; it also benefits Sarah.

 Knowing Sarah, she wouldn't give a damn so yeah, Alexa had to push a few buttons but it's not just benefiting her; it also benefits Sarah

a/n:
see, Sarah has feelings 🤡