Chapter 2: 🌷Welcome to the Villains' World

Originally Posted on AO3 on November 29, 2021

DISCLAIMER: I do not grant anyone the permission to use any part of my story in their own fics. Do not take things from my story for your own fanfic. Do not take parts of my story for your own works. I write for the sake of fun. That is plagiarism.

It was eerily quiet on the night of the Entrance Ceremony

What was supposed to be an enchanting evening welcoming the new students was hampered by silver-lined clouds that hung low in the sky with the promise of rain. Those who looked out the windows would see a flash of lightning in the distance, followed by a roar of thunder. Those who saw the well-known black carriages with low lit green lanterns would see that they carried coffins as their cargo. With their hooves clopping along the paved road, the ebony horses saw nothing but their destination in the distance. By following them, it would lead to the illustrious Night Raven College and its black iron gates.

At the highest point, black spires sprouted out from the earth, reaching out to touch the night sky. The castle of Night Raven College itself was a central pillar in the world of Twisted Wonderland, having history etched into its very foundation. Unlike the shining white walls of Royal Sword Academy in the South, one would see the cold, stone walls that have lasted a hundred years standing defiantly in the moonlight. Chandeliers, from the founding of the school to this very day, were beautiful and enchanting in the light that they provided. It was truly magical.

And if there were people wandering around outside, the windows flashed a brilliant blue before dying just as quickly. One would claim that it was a trick of the light. Perhaps the ghosts that roamed the halls were playing tricks as a means to welcome the freshmen.

In the most sacred part of the school, the Mirror Chamber was filled with students that had been all sorted into their dorms by the famed Dark Mirror. Dimly glowing lights lined the chamber. Strung from the ceiling were beautiful gem-like decorations that connected to every corner of the room before connecting to the center-most chandelier that bathed the room in a warm orange glow. Gates similar to the ones that had carried the students floated in the air, suspended by magic. Despite the beauty of it all, the glamour of the event had long worn off on the students, some of them wondering where the Headmaster went.

"I can't believe you all!" Speak of the man, and he would appear, "As the Headmaster, I went off on my own to find the missing student! Is it not my duty to ensure all of you are sorted? It is of my kind heart that I do so! Now, now, come along, young one."

The chattering student body was left stunned as the Headmaster strode into the Mirror Chamber with a swish of his midnight black cape.

"There's one left? Where the hell have they been?"

"Keeping us waiting..."

"What in Twisted Wonderland are those creatures...?"

"Am I hallucinating this right now? Am I dreaming?"