Chapter 03

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🏠 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Lonely St., Seoul, South Korea
9:30pm

"For Our Right To," Chan recited, an enduring smile on his face, Bella's head pressed against his chest as they laid as comfortably as could be in the open tent. The child wore her own smile too, as they chanted the speech that they had come up with; a few words to comfort in nights stifled by the eerie silence of their alleyway.

Chan dismissed any idea to complain, though. A quiet path in the middle of the city was a miracle in disguise, he concluded instead. A safe place, sort of, although in the most inconvenient way possible, for Bella, considering their situation.

Bella laughed before following after her father's words, her small hand stretched forward to the outside of the tent, petting the warm head of their relaxed, sleepy Rot Weiler.

"Unite, Invent, and Try, don't cry," she grinned wider, sitting up some to word the final line before her father's face, poking both thumbs into his displayed dimples, and wiggling her petite frame above his buffer one when Chan's voice echoed with hers.

"Because I love You, and FORTUITY will get us through!" Bella nuzzled her face into her father's neck, playing with the rough hair on his head in the process, basking in his warmth.

Adoring the protective hug starting from her back, and shivering from the immense love that she could just feel radiating from her father for her innocent being.

"I love our poem, daddy," she sat up, smiling still, "and I love you! Thank you for taking care of me."

"I love it too, pumpkin. And of course! Who else am I gonna let take care of my princ-"

"Chan!"

"Huh?"

"Fuck, Chan- I need your help," a stuttering voice cut Chan off, the visitor's visibly panicked expression ridding all impulse to correct his decision to swear in front of the minor. Breathless, said male took a small package from his pocket; a ziplock bag, and flung it into Chan's tent, apologizing to Ben quickly for hitting his back in the process.

"What is this?" Chan brought Bella to his side, picking what his pal had sent in with a questioning look on his face; brows arched, lips parted, and eyes kind of dark, sensing where that was going. "What is this, Hyunjin? What mess are you trying to bring me into right now?"

"Just, do me a favor," Hyunjin stood back up, wheezy, eyes darting to every corner of that poorly-lit alleyway as if night vision was a power spawned amongst his average capabilities due to the still unexplained rush of adrenaline. "Don't tell anyone that you saw me, Chan. I'll be back a little later. But- shit- do this for me, please."

"Hyunjin no-"

Chan grumbled as Hyunjin sprang off, hasty and with a glance over his shoulder every few steps, as if sensing, validly, that something or someone-- or some persons were after him.