Chapter 28

"So, Hayley, did you meet your fantasy woman?" Tyler asked in his cocky voice.

"Yes, I did, actually," Hayley responded.

"How was she?"

"She was actually... normal. No, she definitely has some secrets she will eventually tell but wears a plain face. She walks and talks with poise which suits her age."

"Yeah, the b- ooo, the bi-," Tyler frowned for a moment. "Not only can't I bite her but I can't speak badly about her."

"Seriously?"

"Anyway, she's around our age: twenty," he told her. "Well, that's when she stopped aging."

"Obviously," she rolled her eyes. "Maybe it's worn her down, the thousand years, and then the additional."

"No. Melee, is the most alive person you'll ever meet. She'll be able to balance destroying your life while doing cartwheels," Rebekah said, walking in.

"You shouldn't be here," Tyler stated when he stood. "Klaus-"

"Who cares what Nik thinks. I'm his sister and the niece of his child."

"You can be a real bitch sometimes."

Hayley raised her eyebrows, surprised that he was able to say that to Rebekah but not Amelia. She was more amazed on the many things about her and what Klaus thought about her. Maybe, she would make a list.

"I will just ignore you there," Rebekah told him. "Where's Hope?"

"She's asleep," Hayley said. She was about to continue talking when she heard a loud violin playing morbid music. She knew that the theatrical events were further down the street and suspected it was her great hearing but Tyler and Rebekah heard it too.

When they turned to the entrance, they thought a player was about to come in, but they never did. Instead, the over-grown flowers on the wall began to shrivel up and die, causing the vines to fall.

"What the blood hell?" Rebekah muttered. "Davina!"

"She likes nature, she wouldn't hurt it," Hayley justified. After her words, the death stopped spreading, creating a visible line between the shriveled and bloomed flowers.

"Then who else?"

--------

"Cami," Klaus called. Since he had been invited into her apartment, he freely walked in and turned the corner to see Amelia in the kitchen. "What are you doing here? Where's Camille?"

"I needed a place to stay," she said. "And she's at work. Unfortunately, your impromptu therapy session has been canceled. I believe she doesn't want to be your doctor anymore, not after what you did to her."

"What are you talking about?"

"Davina opened her mind for me to compel her to remember everything you've compelled her to forget," she said simply. "She said her loss of time was driving her insane. Perhaps, you do not know how to control someone's mind properly."

He scoffed and went to lean at the U-shaped pathway between the kitchen and living room. "You concern me."

"Likewise," she stated. "Especially that child of yours. I can tell she is the epitome of destruction, that's why the witches were after her."

"How- Camille," he lowly huffed. "I hope that's all of them. I don't need anymore trouble."

She pursed her lips and flipped the page of her mother's grimoire Bonnie found hidden in that vampire-repellent cave. Although she had it confused as Esther's spell book, she recognized the small notes and handwriting of her mother.