3am challenge 🤯

took a character quiz bc i'm indecisive and got ace, so have a short story with crab boy guys

scenario: two geniuses attempt to talk to a ghost (modern au)
_____________________________

"Okay, so we get out the weegee board-"

"It's the ouija board, Ace."

"Yeah yeah, what you said."

When Yuu texted Ace "hey hottie wanna do something silly with me i promise it's not that bad 😊😊😊," he knew his life would probably be at risk if he agreed. But he went anyways, because whatever they were gonna do was probably going to be funny.

Now they were sitting on the floor in Yuu's living room with the lights off at 12 in the morning, looking up how to use an ouija board on Wikihow, the most reliable website. Obviously.

"Okay, now what?"

Yuu scrolled to the next step. "Kay, now we gotta set the mood."

"Set the mood? Heh, what are we doing with this ghost?"

"Jeez, not like that. We gotta light candles and incense, them remove distractions. We already got the lights off, so there's that."

"You got any of that stuff?"

"I don't have incense, but I think I have some candles around here."

Yuu got up and walked to the kitchen to looks through the cupboards. After a minute, they came back.

"So, I only have one candle, and it's scented."

Ace took the candle and looked at it, reading the label. "'Bacon-scented?'"

"Yeah...the room's gonna smell like the local Denny's, but it's fine."

"Some mood we're setting." Ace muttered as he lit the candle and set it next to the board. "What's in that pouch?"

Yuu tossed down the bag and it make a crunching sound. "I bought these crystals today because they looked cool, but I guess they have a use now."

They followed the next steps, which were to sit in a way where their knees touched, and then place the ouija board on them. Yuu placed a hand on the planchette. They waited for something to happen.

Nothing really did.

"This position is getting uncomfortable." Ace complained, shifting around a little. "Didn't expect this to be so mundane."

"We gotta be patient bro, didn't you read the directions?" Yuu used their free hand to wave their phone around. "The spirit has to warm up."

"For what? Zumba? Curl ups?"

"Yeah, they want a sick six pack. Whatever. Okayy, we gotta move this to the G spot."

"....that's what she-"

"Do not."

Ace snickered as Yuu jabbed a finger at him. He could see them repressing their grin.

"Enough with this childishness." they sighed, shaking their head. "So now we gotta rub it in circles- STOP LAUGHING- and wait for the spirit to come- YOU'RE SHAKING THE BOARD QUIT GIGGLING 🤬🤬🤬"

"YOU'RE LAUGHING TOO, WHY ARE YOU GETTING MAD AT ME⁉️🤨 I'M NOT THE ONE SAYING WEIRD STUFF 🙄🙄🙄"

"No spirits gonna want to talk to us if we keep acting like this." Yuu huffed. "We gotta hold it together. Be serious for once."

Ace sighed. "You're right, you're right. We're better than this."

"We're mature."

"Yeah."

"And grown."

"Yup.

"And responsible."

"Ehh."

"So let us relax and recollect ourselves." Yuu murmured.

They took a few deep breaths to quiet down and continued the session.

Long story short, the seriousness only lasted for a short while before Ace said "The spirit is among us" and the two fell apart and gave up. They finished the seance and said goodbye so they didn't get cursed.

It was still early into the night, so a horror movie was turned on to pass the time. Eyes were glued on the screen, once in a while one would make a comment about how little common sense the protagonist had. Popcorn theft was also involved.

"...Yo was that just me or did you hear a crash in the kitchen?"

It was probably just the movie. :)