𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"Did you stay here all night?" Asa stared up tiredly at Chuck, her body aching from the position she held through the night

"Yeah." She answered, pushing back from the wall and standing, being reminded of her wound instantly. The bandage around her knee needed changed, but she refused to leave until the walls opened.

"They're okay, I know it." Chuck said, stepping back as the noise of the gears started, signaling the morning opening. He gave her a bit of hope, the sureness in his voice making her feel secure.

"Thank you, Chuck." Asa said quietly, doing what she could to muster up a smile.

"Doin' alright?" Newt asked, appearing beside the girl, offering out his canteen. Asa kept her mouth closed, not wanting to answer a question so dumb. Newt was smart enough to know she was anything but alright.

She watched ahead, waiting for a clear view into the maze. It felt like an eternity before it finally opened all the way. When it did though, there was no sign of the three left inside the night before. Asa bit into her cheeks, struggling not to cry, knowing she'd never see her brother again.

"Fuck!" She screamed, her fist balling, hitting herself in the thigh as she turned away.

"They're not coming back." Newt said quietly, stating what Asa had already concluded. "Let's go." Newt patted Chucks shoulder, following Asa as she walked away slowly.

"No way." Zarts voice was filled with shock, making the girl look back. Then she saw them, her sad tear's flooding with joyous ones.

"Yes!" Chuck cheered, jumping excitedly as Minho and Thomas ran towards them, Alby under their arms.

The Gladers all came back, taking Alby from the two exhausted boys. Asa went straight to Minho, her arms latching around him as she sobbed. Minho sunk into her hug, holding her tightly.

"I thought I lost you." Asa breathed out, breaking away to smile to him, tears glistening in her dark eyes.

Minho shook his head, wiping away her tears, "you think you can get rid of me that easy?" He chuckled, bringing her back in for another hug.

"How—how did you get out?" Asa asked, pulling away but keeping her arm around his shoulders. She looked to Thomas, who crouched down beside Alby.

"You saw a Griever?" Chuck asked them, Minho let out a light chuckle at the question, looking to Thomas.

"Yeah, I saw one." Thomas answered, Minho shook his head.

"He didn't just see it, he killed it." Everyone stared at Thomas in shock, he'd done was seemed to be the impossible. Something no one in the three years had been able to, yet he'd managed it in three days.