Moon Incased in Stone 🌙

The wonders of their grove never ceased to amaze the group. Gemma, Zari, and Esmeralda had found the grove when they were 10 and claimed it as a home away from home, a small camp area. The group members always came to the grove individually when they were troubled, upset, or in need of tranquility. The grove served as a meeting or hangout space. The spot was hidden, perfect for escaping reality.

  Ruri was at a loss for words, it was absolutely magnificent. There were small tents each the respective color of each member. 

Green was Esmeralda, hers is at the back corner, adorned with vines and surrounded in immense amounts of mushrooms, herbs, and other strange plants. This was due to her interest in medicine.Esmeralda had many other helpful ingredients and whatnot.

Zari’s yellow gold tent, only natural of the brightest member of the squad, is located next to Esmeralda's. Zari’s tent is equally surrounded by plants and other things as  Esmeralda’s. Zari’s easily the most sassy and egotistical of the group, always on point with her appearance. She has black hair with gold streaks as well as bright golden eyes. Even so, her heart is in the right place, she's protective of the group, making wise decisions and careful choices.  In the same way Esmeralda is the brains, Zari is the beauty.

 Zari and Emeralda are very close, almost inseparable. They had chosen the corner as to not disrupt their friends when experimenting.  They use the wall of trees to shelf materials and ingredients. At the back of both tents were plant pots, planter boxes, and jars full of plants and experiments as well as storage. 

Jasper and Kyran’s tents sat in the back corner of the area, opposite to Zari and Emeralda’s. Jasper’s colors were muted red and white, Kyran’s were baby blue and gold. Their tents are surrounded with flowers they grew themselves. Most of them were red and white roses. The two gave each other their colored roses, which they wear all the time.

Both are sweet guys that strive for loyalty and trust. They are the emotional support of the group they protect and care for everyone. They hold all weight on their shoulders, helping with stress, emotional issues, and carry the balance of positivity and negativity. 

Rubin's color was vibrant ruby red. His tent was full of books. Rubin shared a passion for knowledge with Esmeralda. He currently used the area as a study zone. Rubin’s parents expected quite a bit of him, which was fine with Rubin, he enjoyed his studies, he knew when to take a break. Rubin is confident when it comes to speaking professionally in front of crowds, however casual socializing, small talk, or unnecessary chit chat with strangers makes him a nervous wreck.  He prefers to be quiet during lessons, getting far ahead of his peers. 

Lastly Gemma, she is the creative genius. Her color is white. A bit odd for the artist of the group,  but she says white is a blank canvas perfect for imagination to run wild. Gemma  tends to use different plants for different paint textures.  Generally she keeps her work private and occasionally shares a few pieces she’s proud of with us, which is completely fine. She’s quiet for the most part but she’s got passion and positivity. She only tends to talk to us, Gem has major trust issues for reasons she’d rather not share.

Finally as the tour came to an end at Gemma´s tent, something caught Rubin´s eye. 

“Hey Gem, what’s that?” He asked, pointing to an off-white stone. Hesitantly Gemma picked the stone up off the ground, making sure not to spill any of her art supplies. She examined it closely, finding inscriptions on both sides. The most prominent being a moon on one side and a word on the other. 

“Eclipse?” Jasper questioned. “What’s that mean?”

“I believe it has something to do with the Overworld’s moon. An eclipse is a rare moment when the moon covers the sun’s light or the moon is in the Earth’s shadow.” Esmeralda imputed and continued. “If I’m correct, what you're holding is called moonstone.”