★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

3rd pov

       Howl was running alongside his older siblings; the group was chasing after a boar as a test. They ran and jumped over many branches and uprooted roots from the trees. Howl was in the lead until he tripped over a root and landed face first in the ground. His older siblings laughed at him when he did, one of them even ran on his back. The group soon disappeared within the forest. "Damnmit", How, cursed spitting some of the dirt of of his mouth. He tried getting up, but someone pushed his back down wither foot. He immediately knew who it was.He didn't even bother lifting his head.

      "You hang too much with rabbits", his father, chief of his clan, sighed. "You starting to act like one, weak and petite", he added taking his foot off his back letting him sit up on all fours.

        "Least rabbits are fast", Howl mumbled under his breath. His father sent a kick straight to his stomach causing him to let out a pained sound and grip his stomach.

        "Rabbits are prey and weak", his father spat. "And they don't deserve a place in my family. Don't forget I have lost sons before losing you will not affect me in anyway", he added. Howl just remained quiet, gripping his stomach. His father turned his back to Howl.

         "Don't bother coming to dinner, I doubt the tegen girl will choose you as her husband", he spoke then began walking back to their camp. After a moment of silence Howl bared his teeth and then punched the ground hard. He refused to cry, he doesn't want to that man didn't deserve his tears, but of course he couldn't stop the tears from coming down his face. Mean words are like stones they cause bruising, but when it comes from your parent, words are like knives.  '

★★★

      Howl sat outside away from the dining hall. Everyone was gathered there awaiting the Tengen's clan arrival. In his hands was a pure white rabbit. He was suppose to kill it, but he wasn't in the mood to and he wanted the rabbit to savor its last hours before it is eaten.

     Howl stared up into the night sky; the stars were spears out like spots on a canvas, they were beautiful tonight. He was sitting no the edge of cliff his camp lived near. His legs dangled over the edge, below him was the ocean water that chased against the cliff side below. He looked back down at the rabbit petting it as he stared down at the ocean.

     "Is that yours", a voice questioned causing him to look over seeing a black woman with long white locs put up into a messy bun, with two of them hanging in front of her face. She wore a traditional Japanese princess kimono.

     "Food yeah", Howl answered while petting the small rabbit. "Hm they do look good, probably because I'm hungry", she giggled. "Must be cause this face is too cute not to eat", howl said in a cutesy tone while holding the rabbit up. The girl laughed as took her place beside him. Howl hands her the rabbit which she gladly took from his arms.

       "You're that tengen girl right", he questioned. "Unfortunately", she sighed. "Family problems", he questioned causing her to le tout a scoff. "When is there not any", she replied. "Can't disagree with that", he replied looking at his hands, a lopsided grin on his face. "Something happened", she questioned. "Long story wouldn't want to bore you to death", Howl replied. "Please I heard things that bore me to death already", she replied. "I believe you, but just don't want to talk about it y'know", Howl sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "I understand", the girl replied.

       "Is that why you're out here then", she questioned. "Yeah couldn't sleep with all the racket you caused", Howl joked causing her to let out a chuckle. "So sorry should I go tell to keep it down", Y/n questioned faking like she was going to get up. "NOOO no no no", How quickly answered grabbing onto her sleeve to pull her back down. "That's what I thought", she said sticking her tongue out at him. He roiled his eyes playfully and looked back up at the night sky.

       "...So I'm guessing you pick one of my siblings", Howl said. "...No it's hard to really choose", she answered. "Oh okay", Howl replied. "Why are you asking? Trying to see if you still got a chance", she teased. "Oh no no just was going to warn you if you did", Howl rambled. "Like Spike don't pick him, he eats his food that is weeks old and my sister Lynn she drinks piss", Howl told causing the girl to frown. "Thanks for the warning", the girl cringed. "Of course", Howl chuckled. " Might just pick you to be safe, you don't drink piss right", the girl questioned. "Not my own", he answered. "Not you too", she groaned. "I'm just messing", Howl laughed. "If you pick me that's fine just a warning I'm the runt", he warned. "Runt", she questioned. "I'm the weakest here", he answered. "That's just says how strong my siblings are", he chuckled dryly. "I'm not looking for strength so it's not a problem", she replied. "If I did pick you would you be upset", she questioned. "No I mean you seem cool just don't you want strong kids", Howl questioned. "My father does", she answered with a frown.

"My kin can be whatever they want to be, strong , weak I don't really mind how they come out", she stated. "..You will make a good mother then", Howl commented. "Thanks", she smiled softly at him then focused back onto the night sky. "So which one are you", she questioned. "I am the one and only Howl", he beamed. "Nice to meet you the one and only Howl", she replied. "You know what I mean", he said. "I'm Y/n as you probably know already", Y/n introduced. "Nope never heard your name until now", Howl joked. "Wow you have disrespected me I shall not bind our families together", she joked. "Oh the shammmeee", Howl fake cried causing Y/n to laugh. Her laughed turned into a relaxed sigh. Her eyes focused back onto the night sky along with Howl.

"...Hey Howl do you like the stars"

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★