Chapter 3 - Progression

The next day, you woke up and got ready for the day. You were feeling nervous as you waited for Beelzebub to come back. You heard a knock on the door and opened it. You saw Beelzebub standing there with a big smile on her face.

"Good morning." She said with a grin.

"Morning." You said with a nervous laugh.

"Let's go." Beelzebub said as she grabbed your hand and led you down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"Just follow me." She said with a mischievous grin.

You followed her as she walked down the hallways. You began to wonder if this was all a dream, because everything was so surreal. You continued walking until you reached a door. Beelzebub opened it and led you into another room. The room seemed to be a dining room. There were tables and chairs all around. There were plates of food on each table, but none of them were touched. There was a small kitchen off to the side. You could smell the aroma of a food you couldn't make out.

"This is where I eat." Beelzebub said as she walked over to the table closest to the kitchen.

"Would you like to join me?" She asked.

"Uh... yeah." You said nervously.
You sat down at the table and began to eat the food. It was delicious, although you weren't really sure what it was. You kept thinking about how Beelzebub had asked on how you arrived. You were unsure whether or not to tell her. You decided to ask her first.

"I'm sorry if this is a little forward of me, but... how did you end up here?" You asked with a nervous laugh.
Beelzebub looked at you and smiled. She didn't say anything for a moment. She was obviously waiting for you to finish your sentence. When you finally finished, she replied with a very matter-of-fact tone.

"I was banished here." Beelzebub said with a serious expression on her face.
You couldn't help but stare at her in awe. She was telling the truth. She wasn't lying. You nodded your head and continued to eat. She looked at you, clearly wanting to know as to how you arrived into the Abyss. You believed it to be fair to tell her as she did tell you why she was there.

"I had entered the Abyss through a book that a friend of mine had" You said as you began to explain.

"I went in and read the story of you and the other demons. I got sucked into it and managed performing a ritual that opened up a portal, in which ended up here." You said to her while
Beelzebub looked at you with an amazed expression on her face.

She didn't seem to believe you. She seemed to be trying to figure out what kind of person would do such a thing.

"Why did you do it?" She asked.

"Because... I'm curious." You said as you shrugged your shoulders.

"But why?" She asked again.

"I don't know, it just sounded interesting." You said as you looked down.

"And what's so interesting about me?" Beelzebub asked as she smiled at you.

"Well... I mean, you're a demon." You said as you laughed nervously.

"Yes, I am. But I have feelings just like everyone else." Beelzebub said as she looked at you.

"Really?" You asked as you looked back at her.

"Yes, I'm sure that you've noticed by now." Beelzebub said as she smiled at you.

"I'm glad that you're not like the others." You said with a nervous chuckle.

"I wouldn't be much of a Demon Lord if I were." Beelzebub said as she smiled at you.

You both finished eating and you cleaned up the dishes. You helped Beelzebub clean up the kitchen. She showed you how things worked in the kitchen and you were surprised at how organized she was.