Enemy of my companion

In the end, I left Viridian Forest and return to Route 3. After all, I already got what I want, so no need to continue my journey to Pallet Town. Besides, knowing Nidoran's move set is like a second priority to me. I can just figure that out later.

Speaking of which, I manage to figure out one of his moves, Peck. Literally, the only attacking move he has. I mean... technically, there's also this other move where he would... glare at me? I- I don't really know what the hell was that supposed to do. I'll just make notes of it and try to figure it out later.

Now back to our training session, I noticed that Nidoran here is getting stronger and stronger, to the point where I'm almost unable to keep up. So the other days, I told him that if he were ready to evolve, halt it for now.

Obviously, he was completely pissed off by that statement. But after a few minutes of reasoning and... wearing him down so that he would finally listen, Nidoran seems to be willing enough to tolerate the idea for a while.

Ok, now that's out of the way. Let's move on to the next topic, my future.

I don't exactly have a plan for the future. But whatever it is, I know for a fact that there will eventually be an obstacle that I must overcome, no matter how much I want to deny it.

That's right! I'm talking about Mount Moon over there, a place filled with those filthy Zubats. If I want to progress here, then the only way forward for me to go is through Mount Moon.

But then that begs the question, how would I come up with a way to deal with those Zubats? I can't exactly buy Repels from the Pokemart since, as I previously stated, I'm broke.

Well, lemme tell you something. There are reasons why our dear Zubats love to use so many Supersonic to begin with. You see, if you take a closer look at those pests of a creature they are, you will notice that something is missing from them. Can you guess what it is? That's right! It's a set of eyes! This is why they like to use Supersonic so much. They aren't trying to annoy you. They're just trying to figure out their location!

Still, doesn't make me hate those winged motherfuckers any less though.

But Gade! How would that information be of any benefit to you at all? Well, guess what. It didn't! It's completely useless and I spent hours trying to figure out a solution to this problem and got nothing! Isn't it great?!

Honestly, I might as well just give up and power through it as any normal trainer would. At least it would be the last time I'd ever encounter those parasites... I hope.

Argh! All those thoughts about Zubats are giving me a headache. Let's just get back to training and see our progress with Nidoran here instead.

 Let's just get back to training and see our progress with Nidoran here instead

So... weeks flash. Nidoran here has learned a new move called Horn Attack. Basically, it's a better version of Peck. Although for some weird reason, Horn Attack is a normal type while Peck is... a flying type...? Honestly, I stop questioning the logic behind these pokemon the moment Dodrio can learn Fly without having any wings.