Truth

'are you the ripper?' Hannibal was expecting this but he wasn't expecting her to be so calm about it. She sat in his lap arm draped over his shoulder.

'would it scare you if I was?' he asked.

'I'm not as innocent as I make everyone believe.' She said softly before turning and making sure esme wasn't creeping up behind her.

'what do you mean love?'

'when I was at a foster home. Everything was going great. Until the dad started beating me, touching me, he raped me.' Hannibal looked anger at this, his face changed and katrina knew he was the ripper she saw the murder in his eyes. 'the wife thought I was instigating it and beat me too. I never told Harvey. I never told anyone.'

'I will end him.' Hannibal said calmly.

'I already did.' She replied softly, a hand still tracing along his shoulder. 'I had had enough and one day when the wife went out drinking, I tracked her phone. When she was three minutes away I came into their room. He was drunk and I pretended I wanted him and I stabbed him. 13 times until I was confident he was gone... the wife came up and went to bed too drunk to notice her husband was dead next to her.'

'my sweet girl...' hannibal kissed her cheek.

'the next morning I stayed in bed and waited and waited. The police came and took mrs. Frisk away. she claimed she didn't do anything she even blamed me. but I wore rubber gloves and used a knife she had cut steaks with for dinner. I put it in her drawer and she was too drunk to notice, too drunk to think about anything besides falling asleep the night before.' As katrina spoke it was like she was far away. her voice distant as if reliving the memory.

'a police officer told me what happened and I put on the best performance of my life. I was 14. Harvey had just gotten out of the program the previous year and was so happy that I had a group home that could feel like a real home with a real family...' she sucked in a breath. 'the same thing happened two years later. But this time I had an alibi. I was at a friends house. But I got her drunk and she passed out cold by 10. I snuck back in and shot him. Then the wife. She got in the way... why are the people that claim to want to help always the most screwed up and selfish bastards?' finally her eyes focused on Hannibal.

'what you did was brave and you never should have had to go through any of that. I'm so sorry love.' She nodded, kissed his lips and leaned into him as the phone rang out. Neither of them moved.

'Hello?' katrina answered after a moment. 'Oh thank you for getting back to me. I know you are super booked up forever but... two months? A june wedding? Wow? Yes that sounds perfect let me just check with the man of honor.' She looked to hannibal.' June 16th at the chapel we wanted. What do you think?'

'Two months?'

'Two months,' she confirmed 'too soon you want more time?'

'I would marry you right now.' He said coming to stand in front of her watching her eyes.

'Yes. We will take it. Perfect send me the details and i will look everything over. Wonderful bye. Adios... oh wait thats Spanish- and he hung up...'

'Au revoir.' Hannibal said.

'I knew that.' katrina said putting her phone down. 'I'm just excited... youre secret is safe with me Hannibal.' She whispered as she got up on her toes to kiss him. 'I trust you.'

'I love you katrina.'

'and I love you.'

End book one...

Book two is out now, called Truth!