Meow

You sat with your legs folded under you in the palace laundry room folding clothes. Feeling comfort in the simple receptiveness of the task, you hummed as you worked. The tiered laundry room had multiple stations across various floors of scaffolding. Clothes and cloths were lined on the railings to dry as other attendants worked diligently around you.

"(Y/N)!" You heard your named called by a familiar voice. "King Leona is calling for you!"

You turned your up head in the direction of the voice and saw a familiar hyena at the door, Ruggie.

"One moment, I'll be right there. I just need to finish up here." You shouted from below.

"No no, (Y/N)! You don't understand- He needs to see you now." Ruggie pressed while leaning into the room.

Now?  You blinked in surprise.

You quickly wiped your hands on your apron before taking it off and made your way up to Ruggie.

"Sheesh." Ruggie said as you finally reached him. "We should not keep King Leona waiting any longer." He then broke into a slight jog as you followed hurriedly behind him through the palace.

What could be so urgent?

You now stood with Ruggie in front of the large door to the King's chambers. The ornate door loomed over you.

"Just a heads up (Y/N), King Leona is not in the best of moods right now so..." Ruggie drooped his ears back apprehensively. "Just brace yourself."

You simply nodded in response as the hyena opened the door slowly.

"King Leona?" Ruggie peaked his head in. "I've brought a replacement since the last one was ruined."

What?  You felt your blood pressure rise.

"Come in." You heard the King's deep voice from inside.

Following after Ruggie, you nervously stepped inside. The chamber was in a state of distress with clothes and items thrown about and the bed was messy. Leona himself lay across his large bed facing the door and had his head propped up with his hand as his upper arm supported him.

"This is the one that interested you King Leona, (Y/N) (L/N)." Ruggie motioned over to you and you gave a modest bow.

"It is my pleasure, your majesty." You said curtly as you felt Leona eye you over.

"Perfect." The King grinned from his bed as the hyena presented you. "Then Ruggie..."

"Yes, yes King Leona." Ruggie gave a quick nod and suddenly you were being shoved from behind in the direction of the King's bed.

"H-Huh? Wait-" You protested as you began struggling against the hyena.

"Okay then- How's this?" Ruggie then looked you in the eye before making a motion as if he was going to jump on the bed. For some reason you did the same and your hair stood on its end as you realized what was happening.

"Enjoy! Shehehe!" Ruggie then pushed you on to the bed and quickly ran out of the chamber.

Flustered, you began to scramble to sit up but not before Leona could pull you back down into his toned arms.

"K-King Leona?" You inquired hesitantly as he made himself comfortable by wrapping himself around you.

"Be quiet. Pillows don't talk." He said as he nuzzled his head into your shoulder.

Pillow?! You could feel your heart at your throat. The King is really embracing me right now! What on earth is going on?!

"There's no need to get flustered (Y/N). After all," He moved closer to whisper into your ear. "We can do more embarrassing things together later."

You felt your face heat up even more as Leona smelled your neck.

"T-That's." You slightly squirmed in his grasp as you felt something wet pass over your neck and your breath began to labor. "Ugh?!?"

"Hmmm..." Leona then breathed out with a relaxed sigh and yawned. "I got food all over my favorite pillow and can't take a proper nap without one."

What am I supposed to do in this situation? You thought as the King squeezed his legs around you. He's really got no shame cozying up to me like this huh?!

After a moment you felt your raging heart
rate begin to subside as you desensitized yourself from the situation. Then you heard a light snoring next to you.

"You can't already be alseep!" You hissed in a hushed whisper.

"Meow." Leona lazily replied as he held you tighter and took another deep breath. "... You smell nice..."

You swallowed out of nervousness. You were literally in the clutches of a lion. This was way too much stimulation for you.

But there was still something you didn't understand. Out of all the other palace attendants why had he chosen you? Ruggie had mentioned that you had peaked his interest when he brought you in but as a mere palace attendant you had never personally interacted with the King before- apart from passing him by in the hall as you worked or occasional professional interactions. To you, this essentially implied that he had been observing you for some time.

•••LAST MONTH•••

"Everything is in order sir!" Ruggie exclaimed as he walked beside the King. "Even the attendant hiring process went smoothly. We even got some unique anthromorphs this time around."

"Unique?" Leona riased a brow. "What do you mean?"

"Well we hired a honey badger, wolf, and cat- not typically animals you see around here." Ruggie continued.

"Wait a cat?" Leona riased a brow. "Like regular house cat? Not a cheetah or something?"

"That's right. A cat." The hyena then threw his arms behind his head and glanced to the window. He seemed to have spotted something because his face contorted with a grin."-Look there they are now, cute ain't they?" Ruggie then pointed outside.

Sure enough, when Leona stepped towards the window he saw a cat anthro earnestly sweeping the courtyard. Their ears were more pointed than his own and their tail was a bit fuller. Indeed they were cute.

"Ruggie." Leona waited for the hyena to make eye contact with him. "Find out all you can about them."

"Shehehehe." Ruggie covered his mouth as he snickered. "As you wish King Leona."