For The Love of Kit-Kat

Growing up with Dieter was always an adventure. You met him your first day of first grade on Valentine's Day. No one gave you anything because nobody knew you. When you came back to your new assigned desk from lunch that day you had a Kit Kat bar with a child handwriting saying:

"Will You be My Valentine? Check off Yes or No? Dieter Bravo

You didn't know who Dieter Bravo was until 6 year old Dieter came up to you and announced himself.

"Hi, I'm Dieter and want to be my friend?"

With glee you nodded with excitement and your life with Dieter was never the same. As the years went by you and Dieter were inseparable. Experiencing everything together. In 7th grade you both shared your first kiss at a party while playing Truth or Dare. Since that day your crush on him started. When the both of you entered High School Dieter told you that he wanted to be an actor and one day win an Oscar. You wanted to be a lawyer and UCLA was the college of dreams. With both of your dream places colliding you made a pact that after graduation you both would move out to California and pursue your dream careers. When senior prom came around you knew that you were going together but everything changed when he told you that he was going to prom with his crush. Heartbroken as you were, you accepted that if there was a chance between you and Dieter it went out the door once you found out he was going with someone else. After Prom he finally got together with his crush and you became a distant memory to him. Dieter spent all his time with new gf and you became an afterthought to him. One afternoon he showed up to your house with news that he was finally moving to California. Caught off guard because he hadn't mentioned anything to you about you being disappointed but everything came tumbling down when he told you that his girlfriend was coming with him. Seemingly he had forgotten the pact that you both made years ago.

Here was your one shot to tell Dieter your true feelings for him after all these years. Maybe he would change his mind and stay to be with you but nevertheless you gave one last hug and wished him the best.

As Dieter drives away you run to your bedroom and weep for the rest of night never knowing that you didn't express to him your true feelings and that you would never see him again.

5 years later

"Bonjour, I am checking in."

"Bonjour ma'am. Let me take your bags to your room."

Life has gone well for you. When you found out that you didn't get accepted to UCLA this came as a great eye opener. Getting into the law program in the University of Miami was your opportunity to start a new adventure and you took the chance. After graduation you had received an offer from Miami's top law firm to which you had accepted. As part of their requirements you had to visit their law firm partners in Paris for training. Everything was falling in line for you except the one thing "Love". Relationships came and went but nothing was good enough for you. In the back of your mind you compared every man you dated to what Dieter was and could have been if you had told him that day but yet you find yourself all alone thinking of "What If". Dieter on the other hand became an elite actor and after his breakout role he completed his goal and finally won his Oscar. Ever since the day he told you he was leaving for California he never called you again. You felt that he erased you from his life. As hurt as you were that day you managed to pull through and move on.

If there was somewhere you always wanted to go it was Paris. The city of Love as people called it. Back at home you had various pictures of Paris all over your room. One thing was seeing it online another thing was seeing it in person. Your law firm had placed you in a hotel that was right in front of the Eiffel Tower. Astonished and excited as you were to explore the city you had to deal with your new bosses for 3 days but after that you were free to explore the city as you pleased.