Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO: earth skills

❝︎ᴄʀᴜsʜ❞︎

BLAISE JENSEN RAN AS FAST AS HE COULD, ONLY TURN BACK ONCE. He wanted to make sure that on one was following them. Finn had to pull Clarke, as she had stopped running. A few seconds later Monty tripped over a root of a tree.

"Monty," Octavia say. Blaise grabbed the fallen boy's jacket, easily lifting him up as he stared at what was in front of him. "Monty, get up!"

"What the fuck?" Blaise questioned.

"Who are they?" Finn asked at the same time.

Clarke lifts up the oddly shaped skull. "What are they?"

"We are so screwed." Octavia says, sighing.

They hear a distant scream, making them all turn back, scared for a moment before Clarke dropped the skull. "Jasper. He's alive."

Finn ran after her, reaching it to stop her. "Clarke, wait. Wait! Wait. Stay out of the trees." They all looked back at the spot that Jasper had been, okay to see that he was no longer there. "He was right there."

"No. Where is he?" Monty asked.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Blaise questioned, shocked.

"They took him." Clarke announced.
❝︎ᴄʀᴜsʜ❞︎

The walk-well, it has been more of a light jog-back to camp. Blaise had carried Octavia once he believed that they were safe enough and far enough from the lake to do so. The girl had seemed surprised.

But, of course, upon re-entering there was trouble. Wells was fighting Murphy. He had the older in a headlock, a knife to his throat.

"Drop it!" Clarke exclaimed. "Wells! Let him go!" She walked up to them.

Blaise turned, ignoring the fight as he tried to find a place to rest Octavia.  Of course, when Bellamy saw the state of his sister, he had practically pushed Blaise out of the way.

Blaise looked at the other, offended. "Okay, clearly being in the ground off all of five minutes effected whatever manners you had been taught."

Bellamy ignored him. "Octavia. Are you all right?"

Octavia nods her head. "Yeah."

"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked next.

Finn sat down in a rock. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather."