♡ Chapter One ♡

Mabel's pov:

It's been three years since I last saw my brother. When Dipper disappeared it was snowing outside. Christmas was right around the corner and our parents were letting us spend it with our Grunkles. We were only supposed to be in Gravity Falls for a few weeks. I remember it so clearly... Stan and I were making hot chocolates, because of the cold weather. (Stan of course was watching me because I was trying to add glitter to it) when I called for Dipper and Ford to come and get some hot chocolate only Ford came up from the basement. We had thought Dipper was downstairs with Ford, but he said he hadn't seen Dipper all day. Now that I think about it, I hadn't seen Dipper at all that day. Besides when he woke me up. I was so stupid to leave him alone.

Grunkle Stan, Ford, and I ran upstairs to Dipper and I's bedroom. When we got there, there was no Dipper in sight. I almost broke down crying. I have always been really emotional, especially back then. Right before I started crying Stan put his hand on my shoulder, and spoke. "Don't worry, pumpkin. We'll all search for him." "Stanley's right." Ford said, "We'll search for him. He couldn't have gone far in this type of weather." I wiped my eyes and nodded. "You're right. Let's go find him."

We searched for hours that night.. But there was still no sight of Dipper.

After what happened with Dipper things started to change. My parents tried their best to make me feel better, but I could tell it hurt them just as much as it did me to lose Dipper. Everyone gave me their condolences for what happened, but I'm sure he's still out there. My family and I put up missing posters everywhere. I told my parents that we needed to put Dipper on the flyer. They told me it wasn't a good idea, (because of Dipper not being his real name) but I pushed back. Dipper would be able to get home if I put his name on the flyer. It would show him I'm still searching for him. Eventually they gave into my request and put Dipper on the flyer with his real full name. My parents always said Dipper wasn't a good name for him, but I loved it. He let me call him Dipper anyway so it was okay. It made us feel closer, we were always close though.

I'm 17 now. My parents decided to take a break after three years of searching for Dipper and go on a trip, and since I'm not ready to take care of myself for so long I was told to get packed for my long trip back to Gravity Falls.

I worry that Dipper will try to find me while I'm gone. What if I'm in Gravity Falls when he finally finds a way back home. He might think we abandoned him. On the other hand, maybe being in Gravity Falls will help me clear my head. I can think about where Dipper might be. Dipper might even be in Gravity Falls, waiting on me. I promise, I'll never stop searching for him.

I put my scrapbook journal down as my mom called to me from downstairs. "Honey, Are you almost ready to go? Your bus will be here soon!" "Yeah, almost done mom!" I put my scrapbook journal inside my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. Grabbing my suitcase from beside my bed I went downstairs to see mom and dad packing up for their trip. "Hi, honey." My mom pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry that we are leaving." I smiled at my mom and hugged her back, " Don't be sorry, mom. You need this break." I released my mom from the hug. "I'll see you guys soon. Make sure to send me all the cool pictures!" My mom smiled at me and nodded. "Okay, sweetie. As long as you agree to do the same." "Will do." "Hey, what about my hug?" Dad joked from the other side of the room and I laughed. "Sorry, dad." I hugged my dad and he smiled "We'll miss you." "I'll miss you too. But you have to have fun. Let lose, for me. Okay?" "Okay."

Mom checked the time. "We should get going. Your bus will be here soon." "Okay, mom." I grabbed my suitcase and went outside with my parents. They walked me to the bus stop and ten minutes later the bus arrived at the stop were we stood. I smiled at my parents and we all hugged. "I'll see you soon. have fun on your trip!" "You too, sweetheart." Dad said "take care of yourself, sweetie." Mom said as she kissed my head. I chuckled a bit "I will, mom." "Bus leaving for Gravity Falls!" Yelled the driver. "Love you guys!" I yelled as I grabbed my suitcase and got on the bus. Hearing mom and dad yell their goodbyes.

When I got on the bus I saw the no animals sign. Luckily mom and dad sent Waddles there early, since he can't ride the bus with me. At least, not without threatening the driver.

I sat down at the back of the bus just like I did my first time going to Gravity Falls. But this time, I'm not able to lay my head on my brother's shoulder. I can't joke with him, and play guess what's under the seat cushion. I can't listen to him ramble about his crime fiction books. Or watch him draw in his notebook. I hope I see Dipper soon. I miss him so much.

I waved to my parents as the bus took me back to Gravity Falls. the last place I saw my best friend.

------------------------------

1035 words

Hope you all enjoy the new story. I've had the idea for this for a while now and just got around to posting it. No one helped me write this chapter but I dedicate this to the girl of my dreams. que tengan un buen dia/noche a todos.

Started May 11th 2022
Finished May 17th 2022