Chapter 10

Days have gone by without a word from Sky. It's like she regrets ever kissing me that day; she won't even look at me. Life has been telling me just to give Sky some time and she'll come to me when she's ready. It's easy to say that when you are not the one that she is mad at but no matter how badly I wanted to say that to Life. I knew she was right and that nothing I say or do is going to make Sky open back up to me. To keep me from overthinking, I made a choice to work with Life to learn to control my power which wasn't easy.

"I told you to focus! If you want to survive, you need to control how you feel!" I step back as I suck in a deep breath. Life has been working me to the bone every day since I ask for help. It's been hard to control how I feel when Sky is on my mind. "Ok, Let's try this again!" Life got back in her starting pose as I step back as far as I could to put about a foot of space between us. Life said that more distance between us will help my power to grow to understand danger at a further distance. 

"Ready!" Life lung at me which scared me because I still wasn't used to the idea of fighting someone, I cared about but did not want us to get hurt. I got into a position to channel my power but nothing come. No matter if I wish for it or no matter how I felt, I couldn't bring out the power that once scared Life and Sky. "Ahhh!" Life screams as she falls hard on top of me. "Fuck," Life looks down at me and frowned, "Are you ok?" I nodded as I slowly sat back up. "It's no use, nothing brings my power out like before." 

Life sighed as she got up and reach a hand out to help me up. As she help me up, she said "Look why don't we take a break, get some food, and maybe some air before coming back and trying again." As I hang my head knowing that I was the problem; I nodded my head and went to the kitchen to find a snack but as I was walking to the kitchen that's when something caught my eye. Wishing now that I didn't look but knowing it was too late; standing at the end of the hall were Sky and Rosa as they talked. 

I quickly got behind a potted plant before they caught me. What could they be talking about? Sky didn't look happy to be listening to whatever Rosa was saying but as she keep listening that's when I could see her eyes starting to glow a little. Just like that Sky pushes Rosa against the wall and it looks as if Rosa may have liked it a little. At that moment, I felt like I was on fire but also felt ice cold; I wanted to run away so badly but it was like my body had other plans. As I watch them continue to talk, the feeling within me grew. 

I have gotten nothing but the cold shoulder from Sky and here she was talking to Rosa about god knows what. When I was about to turn away and go back to the gym to work this feeling out with Life that's when it happen. It was only a split second but it felt like a lifetime, there standing at the end of the hall now were Rosa and Sky kissing. At that moment, I lose all control of my feeling and body; as I walked up to them. I grab Rosa and slam her against the wall, I was no longer seeing clear. It felt like I was going to blackout but this time I held on; I wanted so badly to rip her apart that's when I saw the fear in her eyes.

I thought I would hate it like when Life lunged at me but this made me smile. That's when a hand reaches out and grabs my arm, I turn to look behind me. There was Sky, no longer with glowing eyes but now it was replaced with fear. Fear of the unknown of what was happening to me, part of me like the fear in her eyes, and the other was mixed with confusion and fear that I almost let go of Rosa. I pushed Sky off me but I didn't know how strong I got until I heard a bang behind me. I turn to look over my shoulder to see Sky on the ground with broken wood from a table around her. 

I dropped Rosa and run over to Sky but before I could get to her. Life appeared out of the corner to see the mess I had created. Dropping everything she was holding, she cast a spell at me and that's when I was slammed against the wall unable to move. She ran to Sky checking to see if she was ok and that was when it sunk in on what happened. I sunk in a deep breath as I started to cry, everything that happen hit me like a ton of bricks. Rosa had crawled into a corner of the hall as she rocked herself. She was also crying but I didn't know why but I knew that I had messed up badly.

"I'm so sorry," I said through my tears. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry!" As I keep saying sorry over and over again, the tears started to fall heavier, and soon I was just talking gibberish. I didn't know how long I was against the wall but Life was letting me go. She couldn't even look at me as she handed me some tissues and said "Go to your room." I looked at her wanting to say sorry again but I knew it wouldn't do anything. I turn to where my room was and just walked away. 

Once in my room, I looked in the mirror and that's when I saw the monster. I have calmed down a lot but what was left was a mix of purple and green spots of skin and my glowing blue eyes. "Monster!" I jumped back as a voice come out of nowhere, "Who's there?" I turn around and found no one there. "Monster!" I looked around again until I looked at the mirror and that's when I saw her. A little girl, with purple and green skin and the brightest blue eyes; started to cry silently. "Monster!" As she said nothing, I looked more carefully in the mirror, and there in the corner was a kid pointing at her. "Hey!" 

The kid got scared and disappeared when she looked up at me. The tears still flowing before she turns her back from me, "Monster." She disappeared and that's when I dropped to the floor and started to cry. Pulling into a fetal position before closing my eyes and sucking in as much air as I could. I'm a monster, was a monster in my past, and still a monster now. Why me? Why was I given a new life, I should have been killed in the war.  My skin started to burn again and that's when I shot up.

I stand in front of the mirror and there stands the little girl but this time burning bright without a second thought.  We both punch the mirror and that's when I saw her disappear again but this time she won't be back. As the glass falls to the floor, I looked at my bleeding hand; this was the reason why I was sent away. I was born a monster and was never going to change. I fall to the floor again but this time just letting my hand bleed out slowly. Thinking this will be the end of the pain that's when Amarisa appears out of nowhere. She shook her head as she kneed in front of me and grab my hand. "This wasn't the way to go." She started to heal my hand slowly before stopping. She sighed and bite her lip, she let go before riping a small piece of her dress and wrapping my hand with it. "Close your hand and leave that on for an hour and then you'll be fine." 

I close my hand as she stand and looked me over; she shook her head again. "Don't let anyone know I come and help you." She disappeared just like the girl and that's when the numbing feeling grew within me. I slowly got up and crawl into bed, laying there thinking about how bad the day have been and how much this day couldn't get any worse. I turn to my side and close my eyes this time with no strength left, I force myself to sleep.