Chemistry | Nick

It's 4th hour, which means it's time for chemistry class. I hate this class! Then again, I pretty much hate school in general.
"Good afternoon, class! Since it's getting close to the end of the year, it's time to do a little seat switch-up!" my teacher smiles. My teacher, Mr. Larones, gets excited about pretty much everything.
"Here's the new seating chart on the board. Now, go find your new seat!"
I swear I can never figure out seating charts. I always think the back seats are the front seats. I stood at the board for a while tilting my head in different directions to try and make sense of it. I finally found my seat and walked to it. Ugh, it looks like I'll be sitting right next to Ashley for the rest of the semester. She doesn't look too happy about it either.
30 minutes in chemistry feels like an eternity. It looks like half the class is zoned out except for Ashley, who seems to be writing something on a sticky note. When she's done writing, she passes the note to me.
"Tic Tac Toe?" it reads. Huh? Ashley wants tp play tic tac toe with me? I usually would never do this, but considering how close I am to falling asleep I check off the "yes :)" box on the sticky note. I pass it back to her and she flips it to the other side. She sketches a sloppy tic tac toe board and places an X in the middle box. How typical of her. To respond to her expected move, I try using "the trick" on her. I sketch my O in the top left corner. She looks at me and smirks. She then giggles and puts her X in the bottom left corner. Dang it! She knows this trick. We continue on putting X's and O's in random places until she slips up! There is one more spot to fill until a three in a row for me! She doesn't realize it. I quickly scribble my O in the last place and circle the board. "I win!" I sloppily write.
     "Ha!" I silently yell. Slamming my hands on the desk. Maybe I slammed them down a little harder than I had wanted to.
     "Is there something you'd like to add, Nicholas?" my chemistry teacher, Mr. Larones, sarcastically questions. Ashley's hand quickly covers her mouth and her eyes widen. She's trying to hold in a laugh.
     "No, but I think Ashley has something to say." I snap, not even realizing what's coming out of my mouth. The whole class turns our way. Now this is awkward.