Volpina Part #1

Within the Agreste mansion, there is a painting depicting Gabriel with his usual cold demeanor. He had a hand around his son's shoulder who seemed gloomy. That along with their black-colored clothing seemed to imply someone close to them had passed away.

Adrien stumbles down the stairway and glances at a different wing of his house where his father was talking to someone he'd most definitely consider more important than himself. Adrien walks towards that door to see his father looking over some sort of book. He slams his fist on the book while still talking to the person over the phone. Something about a garment, Adrien overheard.

He abruptly closes the book and while still talking to the man on the other side trots to a small compartment, places the book inside, closes that compartment, and then closes it behind a portrait of his mother.

Adrien spots his father approaching and within the nick of time ducks behind a pillar.

Adrien: *Surprised* He hides stuff behind the painting of Mom?

~*~*~

We make our way inside the school. We've been in Paris for a few weeks now, and all things considered, we've been doing well, other than the fiasco that happened on our first day here. Cholé's been quieter and we've been treated like every other student here. Well, until today I guess.

See there's this kid back from Bellwood, Jimmy Jones, I think the gang called him. He leaked Ben's and by extension my secret identity, so I guess that's one less thing I have to be worried about. Sure it took a while for the news to circulate back here but the paparazzi's been going nuts since the morning. There's also the fact I turned into Humangosaur which didn't... really... help that case.

Before I could continue my train of thought, I spotted Adrien on the stairs.

(Y/N): Adrien!

He turns to us and gives a friendly smile.

(Y/N): Did you just get here?

Adrien: Yeah!

He then looks at the Ultimatrix and compares it to the one on his phone.

Adrien: So, I guess you want to explain yourself?

I chuckled nervously as the girls glared at me.

(Y/N): Maybe another time?

Adrien nodded.

Adrien: Sure.

We all smiled as Nino walked over to us. We had the time for everyone to introduce themselves somewhere between last week and this. I've already memorized everyone's names and faces. The girls sighed and took the opportunity to just leave.

Nino: What's up bros?

(Y/N): Nothing really.

Nino also takes the moment to inspect my wrist.

(Y/N): Okay, okay, I'll discuss it in class.

Nino nodded satisfied with my answer. We all headed inside where the girls were talking to Marinette and her friend group.

(Y/N): You guys go ahead, I just remembered I needed to grab something.

The two looked at me, shrugged, and went on. Unbeknownst to them, I had grabbed a dusty-looking book from Adrien's bag.

So glad I took some notes from Argit. As I flipped through some pages I heard someone call me.

???: Hey! You're (Y/N) right!