Chapter 1

Jasmine Thomas and Katie Williams had looked at the situation that they were facing - college. The two girls had wished that this dream would come true for years now and finally after 4 years of wishing that had came true. The two girls were together at NYU while they take on the next huge step in life.

"You ready for this, Kate?" Jasmine asked as Katie looked at her best friend.

Jasmine and Katie have been friends for over a decade now and their friendship had grew over the years. Yet they still had a lot to learn from one another especially concerning Katie's family issues and Jasmine's anxiety.

"Jasmine, stop stressing all about college and stuff. We will be just fine. It's not the end of the world," Katie said as she was suddenly stunned for words.

Seeing all of the students outside, smoking and already grabbing a bottle of vodka, both of the girls looked shocked around them, while it had seemed like nobody really cared. Looking at her best friend, Jasmine saw how Katie was already joining the other students while she shook her head. Ever since Katie had turned 18, she has wanted to be apart of a bigger circle. The circle of drinking and smoking and wanting to do adult like things. Jasmine, unfortunately, hadn't shared that interest at all. While Katie was out partying and having fun, Jasmine did all she could to help out with things at the group home she was situated at.

"Seems like your friend is all for the college environment," Jasmine heard a guy behind her talk as she turned around.

The man that was necessarily talking to Jasmine was a lot older than she was. At least with 2-3 years. He had dark brown, nearly black hair with emerald green eyes causing her to immediately weaken at the sight of him.

"Katie Williams does that. She likes to party. I'm Jasmine Thomas," she said.

"Christian Evans. Come on. I'll show you around campus," Christian said as they had walked away from the scene that was freaking Jasmine out.