Chapter 2

"You know, it's stuff like partying and drinking that makes college... Well, college. It's a new adjustment, yeah, but you need to get used to it. Otherwise you will never survive college," Christian said as Jasmine looked at him.

"Yeah, I know. But it is also not like I have much to do on. My father left when I was really little. And my mother is barely ever home," Jasmine said.

"What do you mean with your dad left?" Christian asked.

"He and my mom got divorced when my little brother, Charlie, was 4. I was 10 at the time. He kinda was never around then. He was always away. Never there for birthdays or special occasions. He wasn't even there for my high school graduation. He is just always busy," Jasmine said.

"What kind of job does he do?" Christian asked.

"He's a photographer. Which is funny since he hates pictures. He's never had his picture taken in his life," Jasmine said.

"Like father, like daughter then?"

"Not in the slightest. I love phototherapy and everything. But I also didn't want to make a living out of it at all. So I took medical science instead. Which is something I might end up regretting in the future. What about you?" Jasmine asked as they went to sit down on a bench.

"Father is a doctor. Mother is a lawyer. Older brother followed my mother. Older sister became a social worker, much to my parents approval. And then there's me. Plain old Christian Evans who thought becoming a journalist was a fun idea. My parents don't approve that," Christian said.

"My maternal grandfather was a journalist. I'm serious. It came from generations ago that the men in our family carries the role of journalist. So far there has been 10 journalists on my mother's side. Including my uncle," Jasmine said.

"My parents despise that role of work. But I love it. Senior right now and I'm busy with everything. I don't ever want to stop," Christian said.

"Don't ever stop doing what you love," Jasmine said.