2. remembering

POV JAKE

Every day he was rejecting all the girls. And then for the first time, he saw me. He just smirked and left. For others it was like he was making fun of me, but for me it was just a sign to show me that he do care about me. And, that made me come back to him over and over.

He was there in front of me, smiling. I just said that I love him but he didn't run away. Why? He came closer.
- I love you too, he said.
My stomach was getting more and more butterflies. My legs were weak, I felt like I was about to fell. He hugged me.

After that we were dating. I said to my parents that I have a boyfriend and they were happy for me, they even meet him. When he was with us, it was like we were a perfect family. But I saw that he wasn't feeling good. He never talked about his parents. I knew that he was very rich, intelligent and everybody said that his father was very strict, my friends told me to don't try to be friend with him because he would just reject me but here we are now! We are dating... everybody was keeping telling that was a bad idea, and then. One day, he disappeared and never came back. And I came on his house... I don't want to remember about it.

A few months later, my mom wasn't feeling good so we had to go to the hospital. She had cancer... she was very weak and lost all her hair. My dad was so sad but he couldn't be often with us because he had to work to paid the treatment. After three operation my mom felt better, we even could got back to home but after around 2 months, she started to be very tired, she couldn't walk properly so we went to the hospital again. She had to do a surgery again but this time it was worst.
- If we don't the surgery now, she couldn't live for a long time... the doctor said, then he left.
My dad and I were looking at each other. My dad was tired of overwork but he loved my mom too much so he did it again and then she got the surgery but it wasn't good enough. After three operations she was feeling better but the doctor said that the tumor was still there so we have to do an other operation. But this time, my dad gave up. He just let us like this and disappeared. My mom was sick, I was still 15..
- Go to school, and don't come here again. I don't want to be a burden for you. Mom said to me.
I started crying.
- I would not let you like this. I will study hard, take care of you and we will go to New York together for your surgery. Just wait one year. Mom cried as well and kissed me on the forehead.

After one year, I was still a high school student, I started to work in a coffee shop, a restaurant and a store. I had the money to pay my mom surgery but she looked like she was good so I thought I could save more money then we could live comfortably when we will move to New York.

After this year of working and studying hard, I got graduated and accepted in Harvard. I had a job in a restaurant and paid for mom surgery. It was a success and she looked feeling better. I bought a big apartment for mom and me. After few month, she learnt how to walk, since she was on a bed for more than one year she couldn't walk properly. Then I did a surprise to her and took her to our apartment. She thanked me and felt sorry.
- I'm so sorry that I couldn't take care of you all this time.
I smiled
- The most important it's that now you are here.

I opened my eyes and stood up. I sighed. I ran into the kitchen and saw my mom, cooking. Was it really a dream? But, why I dreamt about that? It's been a long time since I saw dad's face. I miss him. I got ready and sat at the table with mom.
- Do you remember about Heeseung? She asked. I nodded
- Well I dreamt about him and you yesterday. She said.
- I see, sorry mom I have to go now
She smiled.
- I see, I have to go too anyway
- Where?
- I'm going to work too
- Why?
- You are my child, I don't want you to work.
I got up and came closer to mom.
- It's okay mom, I chose it. Please, what if you are sick again?
- I'm not old, I'm fine!
I saw that my mom got angry. I smiled and took her hands.
- Okay
She smiled. I got up and left the house. What if she is sick again?