Prologue

King Sebastian Whitefall scattered the maps and bags of gold off the table, he was tired of his search parties not succeeding in every expedition they embarked on for the past years.  "The map says to find the glistening waters of Longmore then to climb down the descending set of trees below. It said "Longmore" but your team went to Wintertess town, a small trading village with only one source of water, dripping water from their endless caves, not some glistening waters!" The King was beyond furious, he was tired of failing repeatedly.The leader of the search party, Sir Richmond, again had apologized for his team's failure. The team feared they would face execution if they kept on failing the King. 

"Darling, you know that the Zakerum kingdom is also hunting for this...legend of yours...right?" Queen Lindsor Whitefall asked hesitantly, well aware that war might soon commence between the two kingdoms if her husband continues with the expeditions for the treasure. Queen Lindsor had long brown hair tied in a bun with ice blue eyes, the sweetest voice and the perfect smile. The Queen never liked war one bit, the thought of death, blood, and fighting disgusted her. This was considered odd at first for the kingdom when Lindsor took the crown since her family tree was all a major part of war history. Her mother was known as Queen Kayla III Whitefall the queen of war and the commander of the Qwrilqure army during the Death War at the age of 17."Of course, that's why I must get it first instead of Queen Madame, the treasure has always been destined to be mine...MINE," he mumbled, but it was loud enough for The Queen to hear. "This isn't like him", the Queen thought, "He's so desperate for the treasure, so much that he's risking the lives of the civilians in his kingdom...."  

* creak* 

"I'm dearly sorry for interrupting my King and Queen, but I have something that was sent for you," said the butler. The Queen had cut off the King before he could yell at the poor butler, "It's ok, the meeting wasn't that important. Now where's the thing that was sent to us?" The butler nodded and handed over an envelope that was sealed shut with a golden-like purple stamp that had a rose engraved into it. "The stamp of the Zakerum kingdom...." Silence spread though the room as the King slowly opened it. 

"Dear Qwrilqure, 

I will declare war with your kingdom if you continue to search for the treasure you and I both desire. We both know very well that Zakerum has a much larger army than Qwrilque and has much more weapons as well. I'm sure Lindsor would love to see her kingdom fall because of a mistake her husband did because of his arrogance and his foolishness. For Lindsor: If I were I'd execute him at your town square in front of a large crowd, that would be so much fun. And darling, you are welcome to join me, you won't have to deal your stupid husband again. And our kingdoms could merge into one.

Oh and yes, your son Theo, I am sure he wouldn't like to see his father make the wrong choices and mess up his future right? So, for once, try to be a good father for once.

Lives depend on you Sebastian, and if you don't make the right choice, it's checkmate.

Signed,

             Queen Madame Liric"

Queen Lindsor had luckily not have read the parts that were meant solely for her aloud to the room. The King snatched and crunched up the letter violently and threw it into the fireplace without giving a second look, "I'm going to leave, I need time..." Queen Lindsor sighed, "The letter was sadly very accurate, the war...the lives that might be lost.....Theo.....Madame..."

King Whitefall thought he had heard someone at the door as he exited for the room, but it turned out no one was even there.