Pre-Chapter

As the gray clouds part, rays of moonlight shine down the freshly dampened city. Despite it being late in the night the glistening Talon city was still as lively as the day, if not even more so. But the sounds of festivities and enjoyed tourist was interrupted…
By roaring sirens dashing down the roads. A Chevy Bel Air police car pulled up to an alleyway next to an ambulance. Stepped out of the shiny new car was the Deputy. Within the alley was a gruesome scene.  Blood was sprained high up the wall almost to the roof; the back wall of the alley had a crater pounded into the wall, with what looks like bone fragments fused with the building; on top of the dumpster was blood and bits of intestines;  three body bags were set into a police van who had just arrived.
The Deputy shuddered because this had been the fifth incident within two weeks. As he walked onto the scene he saw someone who he knew, Lieutenant Sofie Briar. Then a shocking realization came to him once he saw that she was not in uniform, She was a victim. 
Sofie was sitting on the tailgate of the ambulance, she was wearing a fine dress that was ripped at the hip, her makeup was washed down by blood and tears, and her arm was in a splint.
"Sofie?" The deputy spoke concerningly. She turned her head to the deputy. 
"Johnson…" she responded, sounding defeated. The deputy gestured to the bloody scene. Sofie sighed.
"A deamon…" a shiver went up Johnson's spine. 
"As we feared…" Johnson walked up to Sofie and gently hugged her, She stayed limp but leaned in slightly. After that, the deputy walked to his car and opened the door.
"Where are you going John?" The deputy turned to Sofie with a somber face.
"To the professionals"