001 || 𝗼𝗻𝗲

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

001
handsome asshole

▬▬▬▬▬▬

WE LIKE TO THINK that our lives are neatly laid out, that everything is set in stone, and that what's meant to happen will happen. But is that really the case? Can we ever truly know what fate has in store for us, or do our choices somehow affect the course of our lives? It's a difficult question, and it's one that people have been pondering for centuries. Perhaps the answer is somewhere in between - maybe fate and free will both play a role in our lives, and they're not as separate as we might think.

Destiny they say isn't a matter of chance, but a matter of choice. I believe in destiny, however I don't know yet whether I fully believe in fate, even though certain things do happen in one's life that we can't even explain.

Dad used to tell me that in life we spin our own yarn and where we end up is where we're intended to be, that it's our fate. His words still lingered in my memory up till now, but I found it hard to believe ever since that tragic incident. Letting go of the past meant coming to the realization that some people are part of our history, but not a part of our destiny—and I wasn't ready to accept it.

What drove me insane constantly were the reminder of the dreadful mistakes that I'd made in the past and added to it were persistent and haunting nightmares plagued by my own choices in life.

Last night was another one where the nightmares haunted me for hours and I was so shaken up with fear that I woke up in cold sweat, hands clutching the bedsheets while my heart hammered against my chest. The nightmare was similar to the ones I usually had and Mom was by my side until I was feeling much better like always.

Even so, I ended up staying wide awake all through the night until dawn.

Through the curtains of my window I watched the sun peak out of the horizon as a welcome to the new dawn. Golden rays of sunlight cascaded through the window like golden arrows, pouring through the sheer curtains and reflecting on to the wooden floors in a gorgeous array of colours.

My hands gripped the edge of my duvet as I ripped it away from my body, throwing my legs over the edge of my bed and standing up. Stretching my arms out, I relished the sound of my bones cracking, the floorboard cold against my feet as I strutted towards the window. I opened the window and peered out, the cool air hitting every contour of my face as I observed the scenery before me; outside, the sky was blue, various swells of yellow blending into the soft canvas, brightening the wisps of fluffy white clouds.

And in the vibrant blossoms of the summertime, the dazzling brilliant rose plant that sat on my window sill took in the light of the new day, stretching upwards to the heavens while it stayed rooted in the flower pot.