Chapter 1

POV: Alma

"God it smells like STDs and wet dog in here" I said barging into the master bedroom to an unamused Santiago and his flavor of the day.

"Get the fuck out Alma I'm busy" he growled back my way. His blond chick ducked down under the covers swiftly.

"Yeah yeah nothing I haven't seen before" I teased. "We need you downstairs ASAP, there's been some complications."

I turned around as he jumped out from under the covers pulling a hundred dollar bill out the dresser throwing it at the girl "You heard her get the fuck out. We're done here."

The girl quickly gathered her things and made a quick exit through the door.

Santiago dressed himself and followed me downstairs to his office

"She's a pretty one not my personal favorite though" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Shut up and get to what was so urgent I had to have blue balls for"

"Blue balls aren't actually a real thing you know? I read a thing online that said-"

"ALMA, what was so urgent?" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh yeah, one of our shipments got intercepted by law enforcement at the Mexican border. Apparently they had been waiting for the truck to pass before it even entered the country. We're thinking they got tipped off by someone who knows our delivery schedule."

"How much was taken?"

"I got through to one of our contacts on the border they had to seize 200 pounds to report back, but they let the rest go though."

Santiago just stood there in silence. His cold green eyes pondered his next move.

"Have Rey and Emilio find whoever ratted us out and bring them to me. Ask them to keep things quiet for now. We don't want to give off the impression that we aren't in control of what goes on in our territories."

I nodded in agreement as he began to turn back to his room to finish what blondie had started

"And Alma." he signed, "knock next time for gods sake." Santiago murmured

"Yes captain" I said with a grin on my face as I saluted in his direction

I got in contact with Rey and Emilio who were stationed in Tijuana, Mexico to oversee shipments making it into the states. They had already found a lead as to who had tipped off law enforcement.

I made my way down to the pool while waiting to hear back more from them.

"Hey pervs you can take a picture it'll last you longer" I teased at the heavily armed guards that surrounded me. I knew they were just doing their jobs but that didn't mean I was going to stop having fun. Everywhere I went I was constantly being followed by the goon squad. I knew what I was getting into when Santiago offered me to be his teniente, but damn a girl can't get some alone time around here. (Second in command)

My thoughts were interrupted when Santiago came out onto the pool deck.

"Fix your face you look like a dead fish"

"You're just mad you can't do anything to fix yours" I snapped back.

He glared in my direction with a peeved look on his face. I returned a smile.

"Any news on the situation from earlier?"

"Rey and Emilio found a lead. They think it was one of the guys that helps get product out to dealers in the states. They said they'd get back to me when they knew more"

"Bueno pues, decide what we are going to eat later. Im going to go for a swim and not just sit here like a seal absorbing heat on the beach" he said as he jumped in the pool. (Alright then)

"At least I don't look like an undercooked piece of meat, CHICKEN LEGS!" I yelled back

I watched as he swam laps in the pool. I couldn't help noticing how fine he was. He was my best friend and all, no actual attraction, but I couldn't deny he was good looking. He was tall around 6'5, tan skin, fluffy dark brown hair that shined in the sun light. He had was fit and had muscles, not steroid body builder type muscles, but he had muscles. He had tattoos all over and lustful green eyes.

My thoughts were once interrupted by the body guard waving a phone towards me

"Alma & Tiago, Emilio is on the line" the line backer shaped man said

I quickly rushed over to the phone.

"They caught the guy, but Emilio says we need to head to Mexico. Says it's a bigger issue than just some random pendejo that grew a conscious" (dumbass)

"Alright, I'll get us a jet ready. We'll leave in 20 minutes. Let Emilio know it'll take us about 8 hours to get from Columbia to Tijuana."

I nodded in agreement and rushed off to pack.

******************************************