Chapter 1- l'uomo

Note- This chapter has not been edited yet, but I wanted to release it early because it's been awhile since I have updated it. Thank you for reading!
Please enjoy,
Crimson

Diavolo took in a few heavy, yet quick panicked breaths as he listened to the voice speak so calmly to him.

"B-But... Why? Why can't I turn around?!" Emerald eyes had lost their light as they looked around the alleyway. He had become living dead... A corpse with a heartbeat. Every single time he had woken up he was met within another universe, only to die later within it.

"...Because I don't want you to make the mistake that I did long ago," The voice belongs to a man... Sinister and mysterious, yet comforting in some way.

"W-What... What did you do?!" The fuchsia haired man cannot stop panicking, his legs shaking as he gets up from the ground.

"...If you were to stop panicking, it would surely do you a lot of favors," The man sighs, his voice becoming louder than before.

Diavolo screams upon hearing him come closer, his heart beating at what felt like a million miles per hour. Every single little fight or flight reaction had welled up within him, and he couldn't move. He was terrified, outright terrified. "S-Stay... Stay the hell away from me!" He takes in a swallow before running forward into the road, before a car came right for him at extremely high speeds. He lets out a scream, his eyes widening exponentially. That was until he had heard a crashing noise, and he quickly recognized the smell of smoke. The car had exploded, pieces of what was left rolling at his feet.

"W-What the...," He pants, looking back towards the alleyway.

Standing on the sidewalk is a man with slicked back blonde hair, a single bang hanging out. He had ice blue eyes, and wore a lilac colored suit. He quickly runs into the road and grabs onto Diavolo's hand, pulling him back onto the sidewalk.

"H-How do...," Diavolo's jaw drops, and he is speechless. He has no words to describe how he feels. "Y-You...," Emerald eyes meet with ice ones. He stares for a moment, unable to even move himself.

"...You seem to have very terrible luck. It's a good day for you," The blonde grows a small smile. "...Because luck is always on my side. My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house was in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I worked as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I would get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, I will make an exception for you. I really wish that somebody was there to help me when I needed it the most," He chuckles pathetically.

"...You didn't have to give me every single detail of who you are," Diavolo crosses his arms, turning his eyes away.

"That is quite rude behavior for somebody who is trying to help you, don't you think?" Kira sighs, sitting down on a bench as he looks towards Diavolo. "Oh, watch out,"

"Watch out for- AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" Diavolo screams again, a piece of metal from the streetlight falling right for his head.

Kira acts quickly, pulling him to the side and sighs. "...Look. Do you wish to have my help or not?" He questions, frowning as he looks at the pink haired man.

"I... I...," Diavolo is unsure of what to do. This man is the only thing that has stopped him from dying infinite times. He feels conflicted, unsure of which way to go. Can he really trust him after everything he has been through?

"...I don't want your help," Diavolo starts walking away from Kira, shaking his head.

"...But your Doppio wants to talk with you again," Kira watches as the boss walks away, to whose eyes widen and he freezes in place again.

"Wha... What?!" Diavolo runs over to him, changing his mind quickly. "You've met with Doppio?! Where is he, and how is he?!" He sounds panicked, regretting everything he has done to his poor Doppio.

"...Doppio met with me, well... His soul, that is," He sighs.

"...His soul?" Diavolo questions meekly, feeling worries fly all around his head as he thinks of Doppio. "You're...," He gasps, stepping away slowly.

"Yes... It is true," Kira sighs. "I have also met my end before. But that is why I wish to help you,"

"...No! Do you think I can trust an somebody who is undead, after I've been dying and dying every single day?!" Diavolo pushes the man backwards, anger streaming throughout his veins. "You are so stupid....So, so, stupid!"

Kira narrows his eyes, finding himself go get slightly annoyed by the man. "The one who requested for me to help you is Doppio himself. Because he knows he won't be able to reach you anymore, he said that you no longer call him. I am doing this out of an act of kindness for my friend. If you wish to decline, that's your option. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity. You get to choose if you want to remain in the death loop or not. But you've had to meet your end a number of ways that I can't even imagine. So, here it is," Kira offers Diavolo his hand. "If you want to come with me, then take my hand. If you don't, then go ahead and try to live on your own,"

The pink haired man formed a drop of sweat. Everything that the blonde had explained to him was true. "...I'm doing this for my Doppio, not for you," He mutters something underneath his breath before he takes Kira's hand, causing the blonde to smile.

"Perfect... Let's head over to my place," He begins to walk Diavolo to his house.