. panic

The navy blue car door flew open, as a young girl stepped out of the vehicle

The navy blue car door flew open, as a young girl stepped out of the vehicle. Before she could do anything else, a smaller figure ran up behind her and crushed her in a bone-crushing hug, pushing the girl towards the car.

"Woah, hiya." She smiled, looking behind her, ruffling the boys hair.

"Dad said your taking me out for a late night drive." The boy smirked, watching the young girls face drop.

The brunette looked up and saw a figure standing by the front door of her house.

"Are you kidding me?" She told the man, hugging the boy.

"I need Benny out of the way, whilst I go and look after nanna for a bit-"

"No. Take him with you then-"

"I won't be long-"

"I don't care, the roads are icy-"

"Then you'll just have to take it slow."

The girl huffed in protest, and looked in the man's cold blue eyes for a while, before letting go of the boy and opening the passenger door.

"Fine." She gave in.

"Yes!" The boy hissed, before climbing into the car.

"I'll see you in a bit. I'm only taking him round the outskirts." She told the man who nodded and smiled, whilst she got in the drivers seat.

"Can I start the car?"

"No." She told the boy, who slumped back in the seat in disappointment. "Wait 'til your older, or wait until you have some muscle." She joked, making the boy smile, whilst she released the clutch of the car.

Whilst she drove down the country road, the boy was telling the girl about his day at school.

"And then, Susie told me that she had a crush on me-"

"Don't tell me you have a girlfriend now." The girl smiled, looking at the boys blue eyes before looking straight back at the winding roads.

"Ew, what the heck, no. I don't want cooties." The boy joked, making the girl laugh.

"Good. Keep thinking like that." She told him, who looked at the girl in protest.

"What? No! I want a wife-"

"Woah, hold on buddy. Your only eight!" She exclaimed. "You've got your whole life ahead of you yet. And you need to be a grown up to do those things." She smiled.

"But I cant wait that long...do you think I could grow up by tomorrow morning?" The boy looked across to the girl, with hope in his eyes.

The girl waited in silence, pondering for an answer.