𝘁𝘄𝗼. a transfer student

╰┈➤ ❛┊  𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 ┊❜

╰┈➤ ❛┊ 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 ┊❜

to his credit, dumbledore didn't look shocked. the look on his face remained calm, but his eyebrows raised in question.

"1997, you say?" he asked. "i'm curious as to what made you use a time turner to come back to this time period."

brylee bit her lip. was it the time to tell him? did he deserve to know? besides, hadn't it been dumbledore's idea to let a death eater teach in a school in the first place?

"honestly, i wasn't trying to back this far. what twenty years? i was only trying to go back twenty minutes."

suddenly there was a loud creak in the quiet infirmary. brylee looked towards the door of the hospital wing as it slowly swung close. her thoughts wondered as she tried to figure out who it could've been. did someone crawl inside the room or was it something else? if dumbledore noticed, he didn't say a word. he just smiled.

it hit her then, the invisibility cloak that harry used. it had once been his dad's. and now she woke up in the time when his dad was alive. it probably had been james, sirius, her dad, and peter who snuck back in to hear her and the professor's conversation. she could honestly say she wasn't surprised.

she thought if it was right to continue. maybe she should just start from the beginning of everything with the death of james and lily potter. but did james need to have to burden of knowing his fate?

"miss brylee, i must ask, who really are you? i sense there is something you aren't telling me?" dumbledore asked, pulling brylee out of her thoughts.

brylee swallowed hard. "it won't matter if there's a way to get me back to my time, will it? besides, i don't think anyone should know the future, right?"

she knew there wasn't any reasoning with the headmaster, but she had to try. she had to get back to her parents, her older parents, and her siblings, no matter how annoying they could be sometimes.

dumbledore intertwined his fingers and set his hands on his knee. "i'm afraid that's where you're wrong. your time turner broke in the fall. though mr. potter caught it, it was already in horrible condition and until we can get it fixed, it seems you are stuck here."

brylee took in several deep breaths, trying to stop her panic from increasing. she pressed herself into the pillow situated behind her. the time turner underneath the pillow dug into her back. she reached a hand back and pulled it out.