Prologue (Part 2): The Phantom's Resolution

A dead leaf smacked the face of a light brown haired young man, his amber eyes blinking from the wetness it brought.

He peeled it off his pale face, but before he could toss it back into the air the man noticed it was the leaf of a rose. 'How odd. I have yet to see a rose in a storm like this.' The brown haired man thought, studying it curiously. From a quick glance at the buildings around him, there was not a single rose bush in sight.

The man carefully closed his hand around the leaf before catching up with the party headed to the opera house.

"Does this look to be the right place Alexander?" The girl clutched to a blonde man's arm asked as the party stopped in front of the opera house.

"Yes, it looks just like the description says it should." The blonde man named Alexander answered. Alexander turned away from the girl on his arm to look over at the brown haired man who still clutched the leaf. "What are your thoughts brother? Do you think we have found our opera house?"

"Yes, I think we have." The amber eyed man looked at the once-beautiful building with a mixture of sadness and resolve. He remembered the tragedy of the opera house from the newspapers and knew that he would do everything to help his brother restore the place back to how it once was. It was who he was after all, and the man couldn't help but help when he was needed.

"Then let us go Dureau" Alexander turned away from the building, smiling. "I can see it in your eyes brother, you want to restore this place as much as I."

Dureau knew he was right, but wanted to make sure Alexander wanted to do as he said and wasn't just being a nice brother to him. "Wait brother, must we leave before exploring the halls of the opera house?" Dureau questioned. "It is unwise that we leave without seeing the inside."

"There is no need." Alexander finished. "No matter what state it is in, we will rebuild the opera house." With that last statement, Dureau's brother turned his back to leave with the girl in tow, Dureau following seconds later with a satisfied grin on his face.

The Phantom of the Opera watched the party leave the opera house. He turned away as soon as the melted from sight. "They must mean to restore the opera house." He realized, his dark blue eyes darkening further until they were grey. There was no way he could allow them to rule his opera house, not when he, the Phantom of the Opera, was the rightful owner. Even though he lost a certain brunette brown eyed girl in this place, it was because of him that the opera house ever existed. The Phantom crushed the remains of the rose in his hand, the crumbs scattering in the breeze.

He had work to do.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: And here you guys and gals go, part 1 and 2 of the prologue!:D

QUESTION: What role do you think Alexander will play in the story? Dureau?