Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Alexander and I step out of the bedroom to find an absolute mess.

Tom is the only one doing something productive - cleaning up the breakfast mess in the kitchen.

Daniel and Zach are arm wrestling on the living room table, splinters and strips of wood hanging off it in a few places already. Zach is shouting something about 'best six out of ten.'

L has my suitcases strewn across the floor and is tearing each one up looking for something.

I walk over to L as Alexander tends to the arm wrestling boys. "What are you doing, L?" I grab a pair of my lacy panties off the floor before Alexander has a chance to see them, unless he already has.

"I know you packed our projects," she said hurriedly. "I have to turn in one of my assignments in an hour from now and I can't find it!"

I drop to my knees and start shoveling things back into an empty suit case. "Okay, calm down. Which one are you looking for?"

"Naked ink lady," she cries.

I freeze. "Naked ink lady? I thought you were turning in green leaf man instead! You said she was too sexualized and your teacher is a sexist toe-bag." Her words, not mine.

L throws her arms up in the air. She's wearing a dark blue mens t-shirt - one of Zach's I assume - and I realize it's the lightest color piece of clothing I've ever seen her wear. Her colorful hair is a mess, but isn't it always. She looks happy though, and I can just barely see a scar peaking out of the collar of her shirt.

She and Zach must be maefali.

"L, I'm so sorry. I brought green leaf man instead of naked ink lady. I didn't know your plans had changed." I hang my head, knowing how much this class means to her.

She jumps up, pacing a bit. "It's okay. We just have to go get it. If we leave now, we can make it before it's too late."

"Absolutely not," Alexander exclaims from where he is watching another arm wrestling match go down. "I'm not strong enough to protect you two yet."

L puts her hands on her hips. "You're strong enough to get your freak on with Riley, though." All the other boys in the room laugh, even Tom could be heard from the kitchen. "So, let's go!"

Five minutes later the six of us are wondering how we are going to all fit in the SUV again. Alexander makes the executive decision that I will sit in his lap in the passenger seat, despite my protests. He climbs in first and I reluctantly follow, sitting my butt as far away from his lap as possible. He grumbles, yanking me closer to him and pulling the seatbelt around the both of us.

"This is absurd," I say as I tug the strap off of the side of my neck.

"This is safe," Alexander corrects.

I laugh heartily. "This is a safety hazard."

Tom drives again, whipping the vehicle through the streets as he tries to make it on time. He takes a sharp corner and I almost fall from Alexander's lap. I wiggle, trying to sit comfortably again, when Alexander's hands grip my hips tight to halt my movements. I turn to look at him questioningly, and then I feel it.

My cheeks heat up, as well as another part of my body, and I have to take a steadying breath. I clench my thighs and try to think of scary things like people trying to kill me. That only leads to the big bad shirtless alpha kicking all their asses, and I'm stuck exactly where I was trying to avoid. Alexander's hands clamp tighter as he leans down to whisper in my ear, his breath sending shivers down my back.