33

It seemed that the Fates put everything they did down just to protect the quartet because of Penelope's reckless decision because ever since they stepped inside the train station, no monster could be seen or felt. It seemed like the Fates did not want those "innocent" civilians to die in vain. Though, who could tell whether they were innocent or not, right? Besides, the train went underground, she did not think that those monsters would be underground, would they?

Good for them, since they don't have to die now.

Penelope sat on the train beside the other three and for the first time since the trip started, closed her eyes to save her strength and stamina. She did not want the hellhounds event to repeat again.

Hungry, she glanced towards the other three to find themselves passed out. Penelope wanted to just wake them up because how could they sleep but decided not to.

If they died, that would be their own fault.

In the war, it's every man for themselves, bitches.

However, she did feel thankful to them being asleep since now she knew no one would disturb her for munching on whatever she had inside her bag, read: snacks. She knew she would have no food for her trip, that was why she prepared a bunch of snacks beside the other tools she knew she would need.

As she munched on a burger, her eyes moved voluntarily to the thing inside one of the pockets inside her bag.

A mirror.

Right, she knew she would probably meet Medusa, the cursed woman with living venomous snakes in place of hair and those who gazed into her eyes would turn into stones. How pitiful, and all because she was raped by her father, Poseidon. Sometimes, Penelope felt bad about the cursed woman. Medusa was the victim, but because of a jealous bitch of a goddess, she was cursed. Penelope knew the love triangle. Athena loved Poseidon, but then her father lusted after the once beautiful almost-goddess priestess of Athena, Medusa. Then someday, her father raped her.

It stunned Penelope when she knew, how low would her father go for women.

However, some tragedy struck the victim, Medusa when Athena decided she could not punish the love of her life as known as rape, so she decided to just curse the woman he lusted after so Medusa could not seduce him anymore.

Like, what sort of twisted-minded person Athena was?

People said she was the goddess of wisdom and war, where was the wisdom go when she decided to punish the victim rather than the perpetrator? The criminal was set free just because she could not punish the one she loved? How ridiculous.

Really, if Penelope were strong enough, she wanted to slap some sense to the young Athena. How blinded was she? Stupid.

So, because she knew the original story of Medusa, Penelope sometimes would feel bad for her. The victim got punished because the punisher was jealous. But then again, Medusa was now some sort of a criminal who lured people in just to turn them into stones. Thus, the young demigoddess could only sigh.

Penelope would later jump into the snake's den just to kill her. It could be read as two different perspectives, however. One, Penelope would kill Medusa so that she could rest now. Two, Penelope would kill Medusa because she did not want to turn into a stone, and would rather leave the place alive.

The two perspectives were both true. Penelope wanted to give Medusa a rest as a way to apologize to her for her father's deeds but also, she wanted to keep her life. Two birds with one stone, no?

But first, the quartet probably needed to walk a few miles for them to find the place Medusa stayed no?

Dawn came and the quartet was still walking, trying to get to the entrance of the underworld as fast as possible. They had arrived in Los Angeles and started walking as soon as they stepped off the train. Nobody uttered a word, they were just kept on walking in the dark in silence.