Part 2: Devoted

It wasn't going to be an easy night and seeing Lindsey with his family was rough on Stevie. No matter how many times she'd seen him with what she could have had it still struck her right in the heart. His daughters were beautiful and his son was handsome, his wife... Well his wife was there and she couldn't bear to look at him holding her hand.

Lindsey welcomed Stevie with open arms and didn't mention one word about the fight they had earlier over the song choice, neither of them could show any sort of disapproval though it was certainly there on both their faces.

The five band members lined up in a row together to allow photographers to snap their photos, the lights blinding but Stevie enjoyed the attention, and Lindsey looked like he wanted to die right then and there.

Backstage Lindsey wanted Stevie to himself but as usual Harry Stiles was all over her, him often wondering what the unusual deal was with their friendship. It seemed odd and though Lindsey knew that there wouldn't ever be anything other than friendship between her and the young boy, it had him raging with jealousy.

"Can I talk to you?" Lindsey butted in.

"About what?" asked Stevie.

Lindsey looked at Harry and Harry took that as his time to leave. "Good luck out there," kissing Stevie on the face and shaking Lindsey's hand.

"Why did you make that poor boy run off?" Stevie mumbled.

"I think I should be able to have time with you over him, wouldn't you think?" grabbing Stevie by the arm and taking her to a darker area farther from the curtains.

"Lindsey I can't believe you and your jealousy for that young boy!"

"I'm tired of him hanging on you all the time."

"I'm going to be seventy years old Lindsey, I could be his grandmother."

"I don't care I wanted to talk to you and see you before the show started."

Stevie sighed and shook her head, "You know that you're the only one that I am interested in – as it's always been," looking around them to quickly run her palm over the front of his jeans. "Plus this is the moment where I have to pretend you don't matter to me, right? In front of your wife and all, the precious little family you have."

"It's only for a short time longer, okay?" taking her by the wrists.

"So you have been saying for how many years as you fuck me behind her back?"

"I would just appreciate it you didn't act so close with Harry - that is all I'm asking."

"You're being delusional."

Their conversation had to be cut short as they saw their band members approaching and it becoming close to their time to open up the show, both of them separating from their closeness and acting as if they were just having small talk.

As usual Stevie took her time speaking once the show began and went over so many things that people already had once heard before, or already known, going on about all the years she still gets butterflies before shows. For her it was all about the magic and if she lost those butterflies then that magic was gone.

When she got to the part where Tom Petty came in to the picture she about broke down into a thousand tears, shaking it off and hoping his spirit was standing right next to her. The pain was astronomical and her gut was tight, taking so much pride in having been so close to Tom. She'd never get over his death and part of her heart died along with him but she knew he would be proud of everything that she had become.

It was hard on Lindsey to not talk about how much he loved Stevie and being able to share how close they still were as lovers, the night going by quite quickly and before he knew it he was back home with his wife.

"That was amazing, really enjoyed tonight," Kristen said as she kissed Lindsey on the head, he was sitting on the edge of their bed.

"Huh?" having been in another train of thought.

"I said tonight was amazing and I really enjoyed it," his wife said once again as she began to undress.

Lindsey should be happy right now, happy that he had a wife half his age and watching her undress before his eyes without any anxiety. All he wanted though was to be watching Stevie undress and tell her how beautiful she was, that her performance of Gold Dust Woman still turned him on. That everything about her still turned him on and it was shame that they had to go separate ways tonight. How wonderful and romantic it would have been to spend his night with her after celebrating the legacy of their band, to have grown up together, to continue to love in the exact same way before they joined Fleetwood Mac.

Only a few miles away Stevie was having her own thoughts, laying back in her bathtub and watching the bubbles dissolve. This was a hard night for her and though there were so many artists out there sharing their respects for the band, none of that seemed to matter right now and that always mattered to Stevie. Being inspirational to others and being gushed over was what she truly enjoyed but without Lindsey here with her right now was hurting her. How many times did he say he'd leave his wife?

There had to be another way to get him to devote his life only to her.