39

A very long time has passed since I last went out roaming in the streets of Seoul with someone dragging me from shop to shop.

Food? Restaurant?

The plans were suddenly changed. Because what's so fun about sitting in a luxurious hotel like queens and eat as gracefully as you can wiping your lips with tissue paper after every bite? Too tiring and boring.

"Y/n.... Dumplings! Oh my God. I don't even remember when I last ate them." She squeals dragging me to the food truck. "Hey, you're gonna rip my arm off today." She giggled standing in front of the food truck.

"Oh granny!" I exclaimed looking at the familiar face. I remember it so well. Most of my teenage years were spent looking at that face. "Wow, did you find a new place?" So Young asked.

Indeed, back in college both of us used to hangout to a place that was near and this same granny used to serve us lots of dumplings. Sometimes even free of cost. We used to talk a lot here.

She squinted her eyes looking at us.

"Oh, the troublemakers?" We giggled at the name she used to call us back then. So much time has passed. I almost forgot so many beautiful memories.

"Granny, we aren't troublemakers anymore." So Young pouted her lips. The old lady laughed nodding her head.

"Since I have seen the two of you after so long, today's my treat."

This is what I was talking about. She everytime finds an excuse to give us snacks for free.

"Awh, you're so sweet." Both of us commented at the same time while talking to her about past years, about how she shifted here, about her lovely young grand daughter and many more things.

See.

I have been living here for so long and still I never met her again since the last time.

And the last time was when I ran to her shop crying beside her. She had hugged me and it was a very warm feeling. Without asking the reason of my tears she had comforted me. I wasn't ready to talk about it to anyone. Yes, it was the day when I ended everything with Jungkook. I was not capable of saying everything that happened into words. I'm still not and I'll never be. But when she asked I just ran away ignoring all of her calls.

And then, we never met again.

"Granny, give me your phone." I asked as she frowned handing it to me nonetheless. I quickly typed in my number and saved it in her contacts.

"This time stay in touch, please." She smiled nodding her head. "I want to do that too." So Young's voice came out muffled because of her filled up mouth. She saved her number too.

"We'll come here often now. Wait for us." She winked at her looking at me. "Right, y/n?" I nodded my head instantly. "Of course, I'd love that." Granny chimed in excitement. Soon we bid her our good byes walking away.

"Today is so nice, right?" She asked. I hummed in response. It's not as bad as I expected it to be.

In fact, it's way too good. It's so good that it scares me.

"Let's go there." She suddenly spoke dragging me towards the flea market. And then, it was an endless evening of us buying useless cute stuff, matching T-shirts, rings, lockets, handbags.

"You look like a cute small pea in this." So Young laughed at the shirt I was wearing. I looked at the sleeves that was covering all of my fingers and nodded. It was too big for my size.

"But I want this." I whined furrowing my brows. She threw her arms over my shoulders. "Okay, get it. I'll fit it for you." My eyes shined as I threw my arms around her waist. "Really?" She nodded her head ruffling my hair.
I squealed buying the shirt.

After that, she literally dragged me to the photo booth. I struggled to keep up with her pace. Standing inside the booth we made all the funny faces we could. Wide eyes, tongue out, pulling each other's hair and then smiling widely, her pinching my cheeks, me leaning over her shoulders and every other pose until both of us were too tired.

"They came out so good." She said as we walked on the footpath. I looked at the Polaroids with a wide smile on my lips. "We look like Jokers." She laughed agreeing with me. We walked a bit further until I clinged onto her arm.

"I'm tired." She held my waist. "Let's sit in the bridge park then." I nodded my head as we walked further. Instead of sitting on the bench we sat down on the cold grass while Su Young bought ice creams for us.

She sat beside me as we looked up at the night sky. Filled with stars and moon. The sound of water flowing hit our ears. It was a nice scenery.
We sat beside each other talking about old times and cracking jokes.

"And then, someone threw the cake on the teacher's face. He looked so funny." She said remembering the time where a food fight broke in the canteen of our college.

I laughed nodding my head. We laid down on the ground. And now let me tell you.... This felt like a dream. Me smiling like I didn't give a fuck about the world with my long lost friend felt unreal. It was as if I've found my friend back and now she wasn't going to leave my side. I wanted it to be this way but it isn't going to be like this.

Reality was far too different. Too bitter for my taste.

The silence falls over ending up into a disturbing one. I realized she wanted to speak to me about something but she wasn't.

Maybe she shouldn't have spoken.

But she did the next second turning  around holding her face up on her elbow to look at me.

"Y/n..." I hummed in response feeling sick in my stomach. The way she called out my name was so weird and disturbing.
She heaved out a sigh laying flat on her back looking back up at the sky.

"Why did you leave like that?" I raised my brow in confusion. "Why did you leave Jungkook alone?" My heart dropped in my stomach as I felt a boulder in my throat.

I know what she is talking about but wait... Does she know... I mean-

"What do you mean?" I asked in a low whisper. "Why did you break up with Jungkook without talking to him?"
My eyes widened at her words, my mouth feeling dry. "You... You knew... We- we were together?" I stuttered blinking my eyes.

Jungkook and I never told anyone besides Ji Ho and one of Jungkook's best friend.
It was a surprise for me that So young knew about us. And by what she asked I could tell she knew everything. She knew we were dating, and we broke up. But she didn't know the reason.

Sudden rage filled my veins. She really doesn't know what was the reason?

"Stop So Young. I don't want to talk-" She cut off my words abruptly turning to my side. "This. This is your problem y/n. You always run away. You never talk about it. Not today y/n. I want to know why did you leave Jungkook without talking to him. Why didn't you trust him?"

I clenched my jaw fighting the tears and then I blurted out something I didn't want to remember. Not when I was having such a good time forgetting everything.

Something that was harsh truth.

"It's all because of you."