ɪɪ : ʀʜʏᴍɪɴɢ

✥---------------✥---------------✥

You walked down the steps from the Goth Grand Hotel, stretching your arms over your head and groaning slightly. "Man, that was some night last night," you muttered to themself, glancing around.

It was a bright and crisp morning; the air was clear and smelled fresh, as if it had rained a little during the night. With a proper yawn, you set off to explore the city in broad daylight.

The previous night, you had noticed a giant, looming figure in the near distance, as you were walking to where directions had told you that you would find the hotel. You were very curious as to what it might be, and decided to check in on it swiftly.

Reaching the top of the steps of one of the highest points of the City of Freedom, you were awestruck to see a tall, tall, TALL statue of a hooded figure, bearing massive wings.

You immediately ran to the base of it, so amazed, you made an audible gasp.

Then, you felt the presence of someone behind you. Whirling around, you were met with a young woman in a habit. She smiled politely.

"Are you new in town ?" The woman asked, with a slight tilt of her head and a kind expression.

"Yes, I'm a vagrant from far away, I just arrived here last night ! Your city is absolutely beautiful !!" Y/N exclaimed with a grin and a little twirl.

"Why thank you !" The woman clasped her hands in front of her chest eagerly, "Do you know about our Lord Barbatos ?"

You tapped your chin, looking off into the sky. "No... that name doesn't ring a bell, I think,"

"Well, this structure behind you is a statue of him, our wonderful Anemo Archon ! You are an anemo vision holder, I see... I'm surprised you didn't know of him," the woman chuckled awkwardly, maintaining her smile.

"Oh, haha, you know... all these stories get lost up in this ol' noggin, heheh..." You knocked the side of your head with your fist. "But now that you're bringing this up, I do have a little inkling of remembrance !"

"Oh, good !" The woman continued smiling, "well, you can make prayers to him, if you wish. If there's anything you desire, you could try asking Lord Barbatos ! I'm sure he will give you some sort of blessing, considering you're an anemo vision wielder !"

"Oh, well, thanks, miss ! I'll try doing that !" You grinned sheepishly.

"I'll see you around then, traveler. Have a blessed day !" She bowed slightly, and walked off, leaving you to your thoughts and prayers.

You turned to the statue, taking in its vast tallness once again. You clasped their hands in front of their chest and shut their eyes, relaxing their face and shoulders.

"Anemo Archon... Lord Barbatos, if you're listening..." You whispered so silently nobody could hear it but yourself.

Then, you opened one eye.

Something about the air felt... off.

You looked up. There was a pair of legs hanging down from the hands of the statue.

Stepping backwards until you could see who could be sitting up there, you caught sight of a familiar green-caped figure.

"Heeeeeyy... uhh, ehehe..." The figure spoke, "it's you from last night..."

"I'm surprised you remember me," You replied, crossing your arms, a small smirk playing on your features. Venti rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and laughed.

"I don't exactly remember anything I might've said... but I do remember your outfit," he said, smiling hesitantly.

"It's probably for the best that you don't remember, friend," you chuckled.