Chapter Three / Um, I gotta go...

[AN: Sorry to anyone who's been reading as I go, forgot to post this yesterday! So far I'm thinking I'll be able to post a chapter a week.]

Kurt was sitting in the usual spot with Kitty and Piotr when he saw Kerri, the real Kerri now, and not the creepy little kid.

"Zhat's her. Going to sit by zhe window." Kitty and Piotr looked over.

"She's cute!" Kitty said looking back at Kurt. She noticed that he was looking at the new girl, a little too intently.

"I thought you said she was creepy." she said teasingly.

"She vas!" Kurt said defensively.

"Not so much now?"

"Vell, not creepy now."

Kitty smiled and poked him in the side, "Oh, first crush, Kurt?"

"Vat?! No!" Kurt's hologram reflected the blush that spread across his face.

                                                         #                                  #                                     #

The next day Kerri ate lunch in the lunch room, looking out the window, wondering what Professor Summers was going to say to her next period when he saw her for the first time.

It seemed that he had been giving her a hard time on purpose. Maybe because of that first encounter, but maybe because of the way she seemingly refused to pay attention in his math class.

She wasn't trying to be difficult, she just knew the material already and ended up not doing homework or drawing all over it before handing it in half finished, but then getting 100 on tests. She didn't know if he understood that she was bored because she understood it all already, but it was ok, it gave her time to read her normal about a novel a day.

Kurt was watching Kerri stare out the window lost in thought when Kitty almost poked her finger in his nose. "Ah! Was ist lost mit dir?!" he cried out having not noticed that she'd slowly been moving her finger closer for about five minuites now.  {What is wrong with you}

Kitty just laughed at him and Piotr ate his lunch. Kurt rubbed his nose and was back in the conversation.

"So should we go to the mall again this Saturday?"

Kurt decided that he'd rather stay here than wander around looking at clothes. "Neine, I'm going to vork out in zhe gym zhis veekend."

"Oooo, for someone we know?" Kitty teased, "or to get yelled at by Logan?"

"Neizher, I'm just going to vork out." Kurt said and suddenly turned his head back to the table from looking at Kerri again as she looked toward him.

"I'm suprised she hasn't caught you yet. What did you say she did to you in the grass again?" Kitty continued to tease.

"I don't know vhat you're talking about." Kurt refused to answer.

"Wasn't it that she'd sat in your lap and threatened to stick her face in your, uh..." Kitty trailed off elbowing him.

"I'm going to class now." Kurt said standing up and bright red.

"Ok see you later." Kitty called in a sing song voice.

Kerri watched Kurt leave and pondered. She could still see that something was wrong with how he looked, a blurry out line or something.

But she remembered the way he'd looked when he'd taken the hologram down, her heart started to beat faster and she involuntarily blushed, just as she had when she'd seen him yesterday... but when she'd looked at him in person just a second ago, nothing.