Chapter Eighteen

Micah

Stepping into the kitchen, a smile crowned my baby pink lips.

That man was one of the most handsome men I had ever seen, oh and his hands, his hands were so soft and-

No Micah! You've got no time for this! Work!

My inner voice practically yelled at me as I moved a step forward with a groan.

"One cup of Mocha with extra streamed milk." I called the order to Leah who began making it.

I sighed loudly and sat on a stool watching her make the coffee.

The annoying frog hadn't called back.

It was his freaking birthday yet I'm sure he'll be in his office doing whatever a CEO of a bank does.

I heaved another sigh, my gaze shifting to a grinning Amahale.

"What?" I asked her with a slight playful push on her shoulder.

She bit her lip, preventing her grin from expanding.

"I saw you flirting with that guy."

I chuckled at her response.

"What? Me?" I rose my hands in defense with a goofy smile.

"I wasn't flirting, I was just being extra friendly to a extra attractive guy." I defended myself as she nodded her head slowly.

"He is extra attractive." Amahale agreed.

"Enough chit chatting" Leah stepped in passing me the cup of Mocha in the tray.

"Thanks.'' I flashed Leah a smile before leaving the Kitchen.

I carefully placed the cup on the table with a smile, my eyes rose from the cup to Bryson who I discovered  had been staring at me.

I felt my cheek heat up as I suddenly felt so self conscious.

My hair was tied in a sloppy ponytail, I had no make up on aside from a little powder, my eyes probably looked heavy and tired due to lack of sleep, I looked a mess.

I straightened my back with an awkward smile.

"Um, enjoy sir." I cleared my throat and turned to leave.

"Do you like coffee?" Bryson's voice called me back.

"No, not really. I prefer yogurt or milk."

A hum was his only reply.

"I'm not from around here." He said after I long silence. "An old friend of mine stays here so I came here hoping to find him."

He paused.

"I know nothing here so I was hoping if you could show me around sometime."

I took a minute to think about it before nodding.

"I would love to!"

"Great! It's a date then" he took a sip of his coffee. My eyes widened slightly at his statement.

"A date?"

"Yes. I really like you Mabelle. I know that a lot of people say there's no such thing as love at first sight. I used to be one of those people till I saw you. You are beautiful but it's not only your beauty I'm in love with, I love your personality as well. You are so bright and cheerful and you shine. I know it's sudden but please would you go on a date with me?"

I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't say anything, I was flustered. Not to mention all the costumers eyes on us.

A few months back, I would have melted having such a handsome man asked me out. Without a second choice I would have jumped right on it.

But now, things are different. I have a lot on my plate right now, I can't think about love.

But still, just rejecting him would be very embarrassing for him, considering all the costumers are staring.

I was in a dilemma.

I shut my eyes tightly and when I opened them again, I was ready to make my choice.

"To say I'm flustered is an understatement. Really, thank you for all the nice things you said, you are an awesome guy but I'm so sorry I'm not looking for a relationship at this moment."

It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders saying that. I didn't care about the small laughs and giggles I heard all around the cafe.

I just hoped I didn't hurt Bryson's feelings.

"Is there anyone else?" He inquired as I laughed nervously.

What!? No!

Is there anyone else?

"No, there's no one" I sounded as positive as I could.

"Alright then. I wouldn't quit, not yet. I'm not pressing you or anything but just remember that you have an option waiting in the corners." He ended with a smile, taking another sip of his coffee.

I didn't know how to reply. I was still trying to convince myself that there wasn't another reason for rejecting him.

***
"Finally done." I murmured with a tired smile.

Why was I always the last to leave the cafe?

I locked up after me, I hummed the lyrics of a song walking down the lane. The sky looked darker than usual. Greyish, it gave the sky a spooky look.

I ruffled my hair loosening it from it's ponytail.

I hated how  the littlest sounds sounded so loud in the night.

I stood still in my position hearing a sound, I'd recognize that sound anywhere.

I ran following the whimpers until I finally stopped at a big tree. The tree looked dead and was surrounded with snow.

I squat, raising the cardboard box at the feet of tree, I awwed at the little puppy.

My hands wrapped around it's vibrating body as I pulled it out the box cuddling it against my coat.

It didn't have a collar, I assumed it didn't belong to anyone and even if it did, they wouldn't leave it in the snow to die.

"Hello, does this puppy belong to anyone?" I called out, just Incase the owner was close by.

After waiting for a few minutes, I decided to leave with the dog. I loved dogs but I didn't think I could take care of it. I'll drop it at a shelter, that should be best.

My heart sank anytime I stared at it's shut eyes and cute face. I didn't think it could survive at a shelter but I didn't know who to give it to.

Brianna isn't a dog person so I can't give it to she or Luther and Tori doesn't want a pet.

I stroked it's fur backwards while walking on the street, I felt my phone buzz against my butt. I immediately pulled it out of my back pocket and stared at the message Mr Lyon had sent.

Kris the frog
Get hamburgers!
                                     7:46pm

I scoffed at the message before replying.

                                       You
Not even a please?
                                    7:46pm

He left it on read? He seriously just did that.

I hissed shoving my phone into the back pockets of my pants. That's when it came to me.

I was such a sweet, loving, caring lady that I'm getting Mr Lyon a gift for his birthday.

A cute, adorable puppy.

💮💮💮

I can't believe I've actually reached chapter 18.

Thank you everyone for your support, it means the world to me 💜