Chapter 5 :Masquerade

A/N: I completely forgotten about this story until my friend reminded me. I'll try to continue this story as much as possible, unless I run out of ideas.

The carriage bumped against a few rocks along the rocky path, making it tremble. Inside, Miku was wearing a beautiful black dress with lace and ribbons, her hair was in her usual twin tails and she wore a black choker with a red rose. To match the occasion, a dark green mask covered her sparkling eyes, well it was a masquerade ball. A ball filled with lies and hidden intentions. Despite her calm, elegant appearance she was giving, Miku was shaking with fear inside. She thought back to the task that she was given, the only reason why she could go to the ball dressed like a princess.

Flashback:

"Miku, I want you to do me a favour. Tonight, the kingdom will be hosting a ball at the palace. It seems that the prince will be choosing a bride from all the maidens attending. I want you to attend the ball in my place."

The servant looked at her mistress in confusion.  "Mistress, I am not a noble I'm just a lowly servant. I can't go to a ball." Luka will never be so kind to let a servant take her place, something is not right.

Luka stood up and walked towards Miku and whispered darkly in her ear. "I want you to dance with the prince, seduce him if you want. At midnight, you will end his life with your hands." She pressed a dagger into Miku's hand. The girl gasped, horrified at the order, "What?! I can't do this..." She protested.

"Are you not willing to follow my orders?" Luka softly asked. Miku knew that tone. The softer it gets, the more dangerous her mistress becomes. She knew she could not disobey her, after all, Miku had a huge debt to repay and she could not just pack up and leave, she had nowhere else to go.

"Fine... I-I'll go to the ball..." Miku finally replied.

-Flashback ends-

The carriage stopped in front of the entrance. Miku took a deep breath as the door opened and a footman helped her out. Three steps at a time, she walked up the stairs and into the ballroom.

She was taken aback by its grandeur. Never in her life had she been to such a magnificent room before. Crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, making the room light up and sparkle. Ladies were dressed in fanciful gowns, chains of pearls hung from their necks and wore rings on their fingers. The men were dressed elegantly in dark suits and coats.  Suddenly feeling out of place being around all these aristocrats and formality, she turned her head to the centre of the room where all their attention was focused on. Looking at the same direction she saw the one person she was tasked to kill- the prince.