He lied

"I know it's a bad think to break a promise, but I think now that it is a worse thing to let a promise break you." 

They lay atop a grassy hilltop; their hands intertwined. Gazing at the stars as they exchange stories in sweet whispers, Historia rarely wished for miracles, however now---she wishes to spend one more moment atop that hill, just one last minute atop that hill, to lull her aching heart.

Sina Orphanage, 853

"E-Eren?!" Historia shrieks, her hands losing it's grip on the sack of grain it once held, sending it falling down onto the patch of grass beneath it.

"Hey." he says, holding onto the saddle of his horse as he climbed off it; the sun slowly dipped below the curtain of clouds sat on top of the horizon, the earth beneath it flourishing beautifully in colors of orange and blue as both moon and sun twirled in an eternal dance in the empyrean.

Most of the kids were already brought to their respective sleeping chambers, although a few children still ran around, their jubilant voices filling the orphanage grounds, a wind blows over the land, a flock of birds fly from the roof of the orphanage in the wake of it's passing, whilst an owl hoots from the distance.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked with a scowl on her face while she stomped her way to him.

"A-ah, sorry... should I leave?" the taller brunet raised his hands in anticipation of an attack, then Historia stopped in front of him, a pout on full display on her face as she gave looks of disappointment towards him. 

"No!" Okay... she said that a lot quicker than she intended to.

Eren's eyes shine with a hint of amusement, a smile forms on his lips, "Okay."

"But seriously... You could've at least sent letters, it's not fun relying on rumors to know how you're doing..." She says, her voice taut with disapproval, but her eyes betrayed the tone of her voice, for it rejoiced happily at the sight of him.

"Sorry..." He apologizes.

"Well... I guess it's no big deal." says Historia, whilst her right hand tucks a lock of her golden hair behind her ear.

"You're here, and that's all that matters." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She can't stop staring...

The train line had been assembled thanks to Eren and friends, and thanks to all the heavy work they had to do he came back with muscles she swears were sculpted by the gods themselves.

"Y'know..." Eren sighs as he wipes a sweat from his brow, "I came here, thinking of it as an opportunity to rest." he grunts as he shovels horse shit onto a wheelbarrow, "Not---this."

She almost feels bad, but the way his sweat makes his shirt just transparent enough for her to see through it overshadowed her guilt like an eclipse.

"Uh-huh..."

"I've been doing this for awhile now... I'm starting to get tired Historia." Eren says.

"Uh-huh..."

"Historia?"

"Hmm....Uh-huh."

A chuckle suddenly erupts from Eren, knocking Historia's train of thoughts into a spiraling crash.

"Should I be flattered..? Or creeped out?" Eren asks, his brows raised whilst a smug smirk formed on his face.

' Oh no... Did he-- '

Historia's face turns red, whilst an arm raises hastily to cover her face in fear of humiliation, alas all was too late, for Eren was already laughing the moment he saw her turn into a tomato.

The embarrassment was all too much for her to handle, but

his laugh, could make even the most humiliating of circumstances, all worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The two lay atop a grassy hill, their eyes gazing upon the stars which slowly slipped into existence one by one as the night slowly grew darker and darker.

Their hands intertwined which other; devoid of any awkwardness like before, for their hands were molded for each other, and as they shared their warmth in a cold, dark, night, they shared sweet whispers of stories to each other, a giggle erupting from either one of them every story shared.

  "I know it's a bad think to break a promise, but I think now that it is a worse thing to let a promise break you." Historia said.

Eren turns his head to look at her, "How so?"

"When a promise breaks you---it feels like a piece of you has been taken away... and a hole is all that's left of that piece, and nothing you do can fill that hole. It feels lonely."

Eren stares at her.

Historia stares back, "You'd never break a promise right?"

He only smiles, "I'd never break a promise for you."

He lied.