18 Save Me

IZZY'S POV

After I got back from the Institute. We removed the four pipes, presenting Malachi's Configuration that was pierced on the floor so none of them can be of use again. We immediately chained Jace with the cuff Valentine used on Angel Ithuriel. While Maddie is chained with maven cuff that is proven very effective on her as it grounds all her abilities, including her mind controlling.

I watched my brother, his sad eyes as he caresses Maddie's cheek. Running his knuckles down her face while watching her asleep. In this vulnerable and uncertain time, he look so helpless, entirely stripped of power to his core.

Time passed and we're still waiting for one of them to wake up. Hopefully, it will be Jace but either who, we have to do this fast before Lilith finds them.

Maddie slowly moved, squinting her eyes open as she slowly regain consciousness. Realization hits her when she saw a pair of chains around her wrists. Her gaze went to Jace noticing he himself is also in chains. She quickly stood up, subtly try to pull the chains off the floor.

"This is brave." Maddie derided "No more box?"

"We needed the Malachi Configuration to trap you. We're not gonna let you use it to hurt yourself." Alec softly said, looking at her.

"Aww, why not? I'm not even family." Maddie fake pouted, trying to be cute. Alec just ignores her. Maddie then tugged the chains in her wrists "You think this can hold me?"

"Malachi used that on you on the headquarters the day you-" I start but stopped herself as I didn't want to say and relieve the next words.

"The day I what?" Maddie taunted, snide smile on her face "Come on, don't be shy... say the words, Isabelle."

"How much longer until Magnus is ready?" I asked my brother, ignoring Maddie as well.

"No time like the present." Magnus said as he strolled back in the room.

"Let's do this." Alec said before holding my hand again. Genuine fear spread across Maddie's face.

"We're still talking. How about we-" Maddie tried to negotiate by wasting more time when Magnus interrupted her by hitting her chest with the same magic he did on Jace earlier. His eyes deglamour to his warlock mark — yellow cat eyes.

Magnus linked that four of us together again with the same trail of light energy that connects each one of us to the other.

Feeling the instant pull in my brain. Glimpse of memories Maddie and I share mentally flood through my brain before it settles and the next thing I know, I'm back in the Institute with my brother beside me. The appearance here in the Ops is different — empty. It's like a reflection of water.

"We're in the Institute." Alec gasped, looking around our surrounding... no soul in sight.

"Inside Maddie's mind." I mused.

"Nana!" a voice of a little girl shouted, happily.

Turning around, we saw the Inquisitor standing in front of us as young Maddie-- a seven-year-old version of herself who's wearing a cute braided pigtails, a butterfly hairband, running towards and hug her Nana tightly by her waist.

"Hello, my sweetheart." the Inquisitor smiled, crouching down to return Maddie's hug "I'm so happy to see you."

Young Maddie laughed "You're silly. You saw me yesterday."

"That was on video." the Inquisitor playfully rub Maddie on the head "Now, I think you've gotten taller."

"I did!" Maddie cheered.