The Letter

Carlotta De Luca

418 Saint Matthias

White Gates, Heaven

Dear Momma,

Happy Birthday.

Today you would have been 39, right now we would have been eating gelato walking through the Campo de 'Fiori getting some freshly baked bread, cheeses, plump and juicy fruits and the best cuts of meat so we could make Nonna's special lunch for Papa, Nonna and Nonno.

It's been 15 years since we lost you, every year I write you a letter and throw it into the sea when I visit Nonna and Nonno. For the past few years, I haven't been able to go to the Amalfi coast and see Nonna and Nonno so I have kept them in a book and when I go out there in the summer I'll send them to you.

I still wear the bracelet with the french proverb A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase engraved on the angel wings I wear it 24/7.

I have some news to share with you, I have found two of my soulmates and they are amazing.

One of them is called Gary but he prefers to be called Eggsy, he's a brand new kingsman and I got to be one of the people helping with his training. My other soulmate is called Harry Hart he is actually one of Papa's best friends but he was killed right in front of me so I didn't get to learn much about him. From what I know apparently according to Papa you met Harry not long after you married Papa.

He misses you a lot you know. He keeps your wedding photo pride of place on the mantle I've noticed that every time he walks the picture he turns his wedding ring around. Do you know why? Because I don't.

I bet you are wondering how I know this because sadly Eggsy and I haven't got a place of our own so both of us have either been staying with Papa or in the cabin we built.

I adopted another dog he is this gorgeous light brown cocker spaniel I called him Stealth since I found him hiding behind the grand staircase I still have my best pal border collie called Major and I have formed a connection with Eggsy's dog JB who he named after Jack Bauer. I wish you could Eggsy and the dogs I might even find the rest of my soulmates by the end of the new year, who knows by your next birthday I could be writing a letter telling you all about my other soulmates.

I think I am going to bring Eggsy and Papa back home to the Amalfi coast when I visit my grandparents. I wonder if Nonno is going to like Eggsy. I hope that Nonna doesn't try to overfeed us.

I miss you, mamma. Thank you for watching for me

I love you. Mamma

Sincerely,

Your little angel. Jupiter

xx