Chapter 9

~AYAME'S POV~

After finishing a nice relaxing bath with Fragrant Jewels scent filling the bathroom, I change and go downstairs to Mom sitting down in the kitchen

"Ready for homework?" She asks.

"I'm afraid to say yes." I answer, cringing. She held in a laugh as I sat down.

We quickly review all my subjects, but the one I hate the most is math. It's getting more difficult every time. Out of nowhere, my phone rings. I smile at mom before picking it up off the kitchen island. It was Alice.

"Hey, Alice. School over yet?" I ask.

"You need to come to the hospital." She tells me.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Bella nearly got crushed by Tyler's van. Edward saved her. We're waiting for you. Jasper is on his way to get you." Alice answered.

"I'm already waiting." I tell her before she hangs up.

"What's wrong?" Mom asks.

"Edward saved Bella from being crushed by Tyler's van. Jasper's coming to get me." I answer her.

"What?!" She exclaims.

"I know. Why would he save her? Especially after what she did." I reply, holding my arms to avoid shaking.

"Are you okay?" Mom asks, concerned.

"I will be, when she leaves us alone." I answer, then heard the door open.

"Come on, Lil sis. We got to go." Jasper says, speeding over.

"Let's go." I reply holding my arms out. He then picks me up bridal style then sped out to the car. After placing me in the passenger seat, I buckle up as he puts the car into gear.

When we get to the hospital, we walk as fast as normal to Dad's office.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"He's talking to Bella." Dad answers, regretfully.

"What?!" I exclaim. "Where are they?"

"Just outside the ER." Rosalie answers, her arms crossed. "Go. They're just around the corner."

"Thank you, Rosie." I kissed her cheek then ran as fast as I could to the ER.

When I turn the corner, I see Edward standing near Bella.

"Edward." I say softly in disbelief.

"Ayame." Edward turns to me, no longer facing Bella. She smiles at me, but all I give her is a sad glare.

"What's going on here?" I ask.

"Nothing." Edward answers before taking a step towards me.

"Wait, we were ta-" Bella starts.