Ha, ha. Fuck you.

I couldn't move as my clone stared at me. There was something wrong with the clones eyes. A familiar horizontal line marked each eye that stared back at me.

My clone seemed to be sucking in air through her nostrils, like she smelt something or was trying to. She looked slowly to her left then right before she paused in her searching. Apparently something more interesting than me caught her eye and she slowly made her way dragging her feet.

I didn't want to lose my clone if it began to walk somewhere but I was terrified of moving. She was giving several indicators of a sinister creature. I carefully stepped forward as quietly as I could.

No sound. The clone was crouching on the ground and I wanted to see what was so interesting. I slowly moved closer until I could see over her hunched shoulder. Right as I spotted the precious footprint that had been my company the previous night my clone shoved her face in it.

"What the hell are you doing?" I couldn't stop myself it looked ridiculous. I froze realizing my mistake but my clone didn't react to my voice at all. She began crawling on the ground towards the direction my group left. That didn't seem like a good idea so I tried yelling at her.

"Hey! Leave them alone you weird blood hound!" I yelled as loud as I could.

No reaction at all.

"Come on don't go that way!" If anything she started to crawl faster. I didn't want to try to touch her again but I was certain my clone was one of them and I wasn't going to let her attack my companions. I ran up to the front of her to block her path. She didn't stop, like she couldn't see me.

Then she crawled through me. I couldn't even feel her as she passed through legs.

Not around, through.

Through my fucking legs!

I fell over in shock.

"What is going on!?" I shouted still trying to get the attention of this thing crawling in the dirt.

I turned around to continue following it as it made its progress. I lost all my pity for th weird clone as it moved like an awkward crab and stumbled over its own legs. Sometimes as it moved its head would drop to the dirt and just drag along.

"Doesn't that hurt?" I would ask but like before it payed me no mind.

~ ▪︎ ~

It felt super boring to do anything besides follow this bumbling clone thing and so I continued. The creature sometimes seemed excited and would straighten out of its crawl and frantically run.

I'm using the word run, but lack for a better word. It didn't seem to care about its limbs and they flopped uselessly around as each leg would violently propel the clone forward. It fell alot and would eventually go back to crawling.

It was probably similar to watching a newborn navigate an adult sized body. That was at least amusing while I followed the thing as it made it's way into a dense forest.

A footprint confirmed my suspensions that my clone creature was headed towards my companions. Once again the thing shoved its face in the footprint, as if intoxicated by it.

"Got a thing for feet? Not to kink shame," I muttered still hoping to get it's attention. The creature did pause and began to fling itself forward again in a wild attempt at running.

I heard voices as we continued.

"Okay! Stop! Why don't you want to just eat me?! Come on let's turn around!" I was starting to panic. I tried to hurry past the creature. I could try to at least warn them.

I could tell the forest was passing by me too quickly to be natural but I didn't have time to think about that. I could see a small clearing and I knew they had to be there.

I saw Brian and started to slow.

"Hey! You guys!" I yelled but to no response. I wasn't out of breath oddly.

"Hey-"

"I'm so glad she's gone!" Brian's voice laughed out.

"That's mean, but accurate. She was probably going to get us killed." That was Cynthia's voice responding.

An icky feeling in my stomach brought me closer to them. I stood right in front of the group sitting in the open. They didn't look at me, and I was beginning to think it wasn't because I was quiet.

"I think she liked you Bry Guy!" Evelyn shot her nickname for him.

"No thanks, she's a little fat for me." They all laughed. I waited for them to say the name of the one they were verbally ridiculing.

It had to be me, the whole group was here.

Except for me, because I was left for dead.