011. imessage & facetime.

CHRIS,hey stink

CHRIS,
hey stink.

KALI,
hi.

CHRIS,
wanna hang out? i'm
about to order food.

KALI,
i'm good.

CHRIS,
u alright?

KALI,
fine.

CHRIS,
mhm it don't sound like
it.

CHRIS,
what's going on stink
stink?

KALI,
why are u so nosy christopher ?

CHRIS,
woah im nosy for checking
up on my friend ??

KALI,
oh so we're friends now?

CHRIS,
...yes ??

CHRIS,
im confused, were we
something else ??
seen

"OKAY WAIT I'M CONFUSED," JAYLA
spoke into the mic.

"yeah, me too," ty'anna agreed. "why you mad at the boy

"again," quinn added with a roll of her eyes.

kali sharply exhaled and shrugged her shoulders. "i don't know. i just wanna come home, guys."

"bitch, you are home," jayla cursed. "trust me. be glad you got out when you did. ain't shit for you here."

kali hugged her toy bear to her chest and leaned back against her headboard in defeat. "i feel bad. i think i misread everything."

ty'anna laughed and shook her head. "kali, when do you not?"

"okay but you two can't blame me," kali tried to excuse. "matt told me that chris...likes hanging out with me...but i'm scared he's gonna want something more."

jayla furrowed her eyebrows. "why? i thought you liked the kid."

quinn patted his thighs. "don't let kali's dumb ass fool y'all! she like that boy real bad."

"i do!" kali agreed. "real bad. but i'm scared that it's just gonna be another na'trell situation. that shit was ass."

ty'anna nodded in agreement. "but chris isn't like that...is he?"

kali shook her head. "no. i don't think so. he's really nice and stuff, but after our kiss—"

jayla rolls her eyes and waves her friend off. "girl please, that shit was like a month ago—"

kali pursed her lips. "—nope we kissed again."

ty'anna and jayla's jaw drops in unison. "you did what?!"

quinn sat back and ate his chips with a smug smirk creeping onto his lips as he shrugged. "i'm not surprised."

"why you ain't say nothing, bitch?!"

kali held her hands up in defense, voice cracking. she wasn't sure how she was gonna defend her actions now. "that shit just happened!"

"that shit don't just happen, you gotta process it and then go on with it!" jayla yelled. "what's the context?!"

"bitch, fuck the context, fuck we need context for—they kissed!" ty'anna corrected her friend. "why did y'all kiss?!"

kali choked on her words, scrambling to find a legitimate excuse. "i don't fucking know! he dared me to!"

"and you did that shit?!"

"of course i did, i wasn't gonna not fucking kiss him!" kali screamed. "that shit was good too!"

"i knew it!" quinn yelled. "i knew you liked it! you'd been acting weird as fuck ever since then!"

kali rolled her eyes and leaned back against her headboard. "are y'all done screaming and calling me a bitch now?"

"no, bitch!" jayla and ty'anna yelled in unison. "if you liked the kiss, why are you pushing ole boy away?"

"i'm nervous," kali admitted. "i know i'm gonna have to talk about the whole new york situation sooner rather than later, and that's gonna lead to questions and i just don't wanna relive the whole shit with na'trell—"

"you are completely and utterly better than me, cuz if it was me—i wasn't telling people shit. suck yuh mudda for all i care," ty'anna muttered with a shake of her head as she admired her manicured nails.

"that's definitely what it's giving, but people are nosy as fuck, and i'd rather this shit come out on my own terms than someone try and 'expose me'"

"i wish someone would," jayla rolled her eyes. "we can fight, kali." she said, causing ty'anna and quinn to nod in agreement.

kali couldn't help but laugh at her eager friends. "i know, guys. but trust me. i'm not fighting no bitch over a triplet. it's not worth it at that point."

"you sure? cuz the way nick looking..." quinn trailed.

kali laughed hysterically. "quinn, you're sick!"

jayla laughed and nodded her head. "yeah quinn, we all know you'll go to jail bout that dick."

quinn rolled his eyes. "you would too, don't play."

"bout matthew fine ass? baby i'll go to war for it!"

author's note,
y'all crazy if u thought i
was gon go too long w
out writing ab my bf 🙄
i jus been settling into
college is all