1 - The Infinite

I arrived at The Infinite. I stepped out of the small ship that had brought me to The Infinite. A frog was standing there ready to greet me. "Hi Captain! The names Damian. Welcome to my ship, The Infinite! Well, technically your ship now, but a baby will always remember her father."

Damian led me down the hall. "I'll give you a quick tour," a door opened behind him, "Starting with the warp core! We don't really know how it works but, hey, you don't need to know how to use something to use it." A frog walked up to me, "Hey! You must be the new captain! My names Kazoo, and I'm the head scientist in making sure the warp core is ready to use when we are ready to take off." Damian glared at them, "Okay, Kazoo, yes, it is a pleasure to meet them, but we are in the middle of a tour so, please, move." Damian had shoved Kazoo out of the way, not giving them a chance to move.

Kazoo had fell back some and ran into another crew member. Damian and I continued through the warp core passing the strange object in the middle. It had a strange buzz when we walked by. I was led into another hallway. "These things here are bombs, if anything goes horribly wrong with the warp core then we can activate the Event Horizon Protocol and disconnect the warp core from the rest of the ship." Damian walked up to the next door, "Through this door is the main reactor!" Damian put his hand on the scanner, this door must not have been able to open by just walking up to it. The door opened and it had a glowing orange light coming from the room.

"Turns out to open up a wormhole you need the power of a star, so a star I built." I looked through the glass at that said star, past it was what I saw looked like a frog dancing. A door that blocks off the window closed, and I looked over, a raccoon had their hand on the button that closed the door, "Captain, Colin." They walked off to go continue to fix whatever they had been fixing. "Yeah, that's Colin, he makes sure that the ship doesn't go kaboom." Damian walked over to the next door, "Well come on, slow poke, we still have a few more rooms to go through."

I walked over and Damian opened the door. A blue light was now emitted from that room. "This is Cryo, it maintains the colonists temperature, so they don't be over or under heat while they sleep." I looked through the window to see many cryopods hopefully holding all the colonist. "Oh, and captain, just so you know we would rather not be awake when the warp core goes off." A skunk walked up to us, "Captain, all 100,000 colonists are ready for transit." Damian spoke up almost immediately, "Oh, but don't worry soon they will be at a new planet ready to live there, with a fresh cup of coffee in their hands. The moment they wake up." The frog looked over at Damian and glared, "Well, maybe they will be more excited if you gave them more windows to look through." Damian looked offended, "Well, maybe I will add some more. So maybe then someone will appreciate the aesthetics!"

Damian walked away and I followed behind him. The door opened, and a frog ran into Damian. "Oh, sorry Damian," the frog continued to walk around and past Damian. We continued to walk through a hallway that had a door on either side. A frog emerged from a door on the left, "The ADS is all ready to go." Damian looked over at me, "Okay captain," Damian opened the door at the very end of the hall, "You just have one job right now," Damian poured himself and me a glass of champagne. "Is to just say the word, and we'll be on our way to the new planet. Make a speech if you want but don't get them all riled up, I know how your speeches can make some people."

I stood there and thought about what I was going to say, and a sound went through the ship, "Warp core activating. All crew members, please resign to your assigned cryopod." Everyone rushed passed me, probably to their cryopods. I saw through the crowd, Damian chug his drink and put the glass into a locker, "Maybe you can say what you wanted to say when we get there." He took my drink and chugged that one too.

He pointed over to my cryopod mumbling. I walked over and into it. "Now just one thing, not that it's a problem or anything, but just before you fall asleep be sure to absolutely do not-" The door to my cryopod closed, and I didn't hear what he had to say. It probably wasn't essential anyway it was probably a little thing that wouldn't be my job. The computer started to count down, "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, ERROR." The ship shook some, then the computer continued to speak slowly fading out, "Three, two-"